Selkirk boycotting Scottish

Rogertango

We're looking at that as our back-up option, but we had really wanted to see a Scottish Cup tie and monitor Gary O'Connor's ever increasing weight. There's always Inverness CT v Sheepies as well.

Unfortunately for you Mr O'connor has shred most of the weight. Be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. 1st question is who is to blame for non payment. The gaffer for offering them daft contracts that the top teams wouldnt pay or the club. A lot of average players thinking they are big time signing unrealistic contracts that will never be paid.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately for you Mr O'connor has shred most of the weight. Be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. 1st question is who is to blame for non payment. The gaffer for offering them daft contracts that the top teams wouldnt pay or the club. A lot of average players thinking they are big time signing unrealistic contracts that will never be paid.

Has there been any non payments though?

Has someone started a rumour to improve Selkirk's odds for tomorrow?

I'm off to investigate and I'll let you all know if I hear anything.

Big time or not , a contracts a contract . Selkirk should be hammered if true.

Bring back the qualifying cups!!!

Why the red HJ ?

Do you think folk want tae get up at dark a clock for a 3 or 400 mile round trip ?

Have preliminaries (similar to the English FA cup) where so many from north and south get in the 1st round proper then all in.

And for the record I'm looking forward to the trip up to Wick :D

Out of interest why remove the statement regarding the Juniors?

Out of interest why remove the statement regarding the Juniors?

Out of interest yer nose is obviously bothering ye :P

If ye want me tae be controversial I don't think juniors should be in real Scottish but it's aw aboot opinions and this is a thread aboot the big Scottish . That's why I removed it ;)

Has someone started a rumour to improve Selkirk's odds for tomorrow?

I'm off to investigate and I'll let you all know if I hear anything.

If they have it's not working, Selkirk's odds have come in from 11/2 to 19/4 on McBookies.

Out of interest yer nose is obviously bothering ye :P If ye want me tae be controversial I don't think juniors should be in real Scottish but it's aw aboot opinions and this is a thread aboot the big Scottish . That's why I removed it ;)

Juniors have clearly improved the early rounds of the Scottish and helped create an interest that wasn't there before.

Juniors have clearly improved the early rounds of the Scottish and helped create an interest that wasn't there before.

Not sure this is true. The format changed completely at the same time. The old format had a fair bit of interest as non league teams had to qualify so there were only ever 8 participants ( 4 North, 4 South ). They were often on the back page at that time- no sure anyone's managed that in the last few years of round one and two- barring Forres mechanics v newco

Not sure this is true. The format changed completely at the same time. The old format had a fair bit of interest as non league teams had to qualify so there were only ever 8 participants ( 4 North, 4 South ). They were often on the back page at that time- no sure anyone's managed that in the last few years of round one and two- barring Forres mechanics v newco

Only going by when we were in it and all 4 of our games were shown on tv including first round game.

Don't remember qualifying round games being on tv.

Only going by when we were in it and all 4 of our games were shown on tv including first round game.

Don't remember qualifying round games being on tv.

Not qualifying games but there were always cameras at the first round proper games before as the BBC used to show them in the build up to the cup final. Many a non league player been showcased at this stage for his 15 secs of fame!

I don't think anybody apart from us forum types has a scooby about the early rounds of the cup or is the least bit interested. I was talking to a hibby mate recently and we've had many conversations in the past about my adventures with WW and how it's a refreshing alternative if you're sick of paying £25 to watch the premiership.

And yet he was still asking the same old ignorant questions about who was in our league, were we in the juniors, did we play in Musselburgh etc. I wouldn't say this was unusual.

I still have some video tapes from the good old days in the 90s when WW were doing well in the cups. Sportscene did a good job covering the Tennents Scottish Cup as it was then and their Road to Hampden coverage of the early rounds complete with Gerry Rafferty 'Shipyard Town' sig tune was excellent.

Footage from Highland clubs such as Huntly and Fraserburgh and especially Caley and Ross County was really exotic at the time. So I don't think the juniors being included since 2007 has really made much difference.

I don't think anybody apart from us forum types has a scooby about the early rounds of the cup or is the least bit interested. I was talking to a hibby mate recently and we've had many conversations in the past about my adventures with WW and how it's a refreshing alternative if you're sick of paying £25 to watch the premiership.

And yet he was still asking the same old ignorant questions about who was in our league, were we in the juniors, did we play in Musselburgh etc. I wouldn't say this was unusual.

I still have some video tapes from the good old days in the 90s when WW were doing well in the cups. Sportscene did a good job covering the Tennents Scottish Cup as it was then and their Road to Hampden coverage of the early rounds complete with Gerry Rafferty 'Shipyard Town' sig tune was excellent. Footage from Highland clubs such as Huntly and Fraserburgh and especially Caley and Ross County was really exotic at the time. So I don't think the juniors being included since 2007 has really made much difference.

Fair enough and it might be because it held no interest for me in the slightest before.

Was brought up steeped in the Junior wirld by a dad who didn't really support any team in the senior leagues other than possibly in European competition.

Fair enough and it might be because it held no interest for me in the slightest before.

Was brought up steeped in the Junior wirld by a dad who didn't really support any team in the senior leagues other than possibly in European competition.

Something else that strikes me: there's been a lot of this seniors v juniors 'us v them' stuff since the LL was first mooted.

But I think the likes of us in Fife and Lothians have a lot more in common with you Ayrshire guys than the toonies who support the big clubs.

Where I grew up is mostly mining villages. Everybody saw their local junior team play long before they 'graduated' on to Hibs or hearts. Most toonies don't have that experience.

Something else that strikes me: there's been a lot of this seniors v juniors 'us v them' stuff since the LL was first mooted. But I think the likes of us in Fife and Lothians have a lot more in common with you Ayrshire guys than the toonies who support the big clubs.Where I grew up is mostly mining villages. Everybody saw their local junior team play long before they 'graduated' on to Hibs or hearts. Most toonies don't have that experience.

I agree in part, but i think its rather silly to suggest that spfl fans are fundamentally different to LL or junior fans in the way we watch football.

I agree in part, but i think its rather silly to suggest that spfl fans are fundamentally different to LL or junior fans in the way we watch football.

Don't think I've suggested that at all. In fact most of my posts in the whole Juniors v Seniors debate have been conciliatory, emphasising that we're all fitba fans, as opposed to the guys on both sides who have been trying to stress the differences.

However I don't see a problem in pointing out there's a difference in people's experience of watching the game, because there definitely is.

Well I was at Anfield the other night. My usual experience of football is nothing like that even if it's watching ICT. Looking for parking a mile from the ground, stewards everywhere. £3.80 for a pie. Getting searched. Wall to wall coverage of the manager in the media. A grand for a season ticket.

At Whitehill I know the players, I can get them to do the plumbing in my house, etc, etc, it's so feckin obvious man. Doesnae mean I watch the game any different. Jeezo :lol::lol::lol:

Archived