Who Will Be Motherwell's Next Permanent Manager?

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

giphy-1.gif

Ach I don't like the p***k. If he was chocolate, he would eat himself. However Barraclough was a really nice guy and the football was shocking. Maybe the club needs a p***k in charge to gee them up a bit. Time will tell. No point bed wetting about it though.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

giphy-1.gif

Ach I don't like the p***k. If he was chocolate, he would eat himself. However Barraclough was a really nice guy and the football was shocking. Maybe the club needs a p***k in charge to gee them up a bit. Time will tell. No point bed wetting about it though.

We know that there are some big egos in our dressing room - and McGhee can certainly deal with that (as his ego is bigger than the rest put together)....

Probably wouldn't have been my appointment but I'm not against him like some are.

Ticks a lot of boxes but his actual record is a concern, less than 30% win ratio at at three out of four clubs (the one club being Motherwell).

So Motherwell got 70 applications and eventually gave the job to a guy who didn't even apply for it? The level of candidate must have been a tad underwhelming. 69 Football Manager nerds and Kenny Shiels imo.

What's your favourite McGhee moment? Mine is either the 9-0 game or when the sheep fans were so (rightly) embarrassed about losing to Raith Rovers they spat on him.

What a career.

I was at that fucking Raith game. That wasn't our worst performance under him by a long way. My favourite McGhee moment was his first match in charge where we played the mighty Sigma Olomouc in the UEFA Cup. Lost 5-1 at home and booed off at the final whistle in his first game. Ended 8-1 aggregate, it was a sign of things to come. Plus I got locked out of Pittodrie because of some stupid new turnstile system and missed most of the first half, I blame him for that too.

So Motherwell got 70 applications and eventually gave the job to a guy who didn't even apply for it? The level of candidate must have been a tad underwhelming. 69 Football Manager nerds and Kenny Shiels imo.

My application probably went straight in the bin. Pity. I had big plans for 'Well. [ Didn't get the Pars job either. ]

I'm absolutely disgusted by this appointment and although I will continue to support Motherwell FC regardless of who the manager is, I do not support this man.

In truth, I find McGhee beneath contempt for the way in which he treated us, the club and supporters during his second season where he basically sidelined us while he whored himself for every job going and was an unofficial Celtic mouthpiece, never done bumping his gums about them in the media to his pals on Radio Clyde or in his various newspaper columns. I'll never forgive him for his "I want the players to aim higher than Motherwell" and "I don't give a damn what the Motherwell fans think" remarks either.

And apart from all that, he is a shite manager who has failed at every job he's been in prior to and since season 2007/08 with us, when, granted he did a superb job, but the stats and his records don't lie. I have no doubt he is in this job because of some old pals within Fir Park and naturally, like McCall before him, they will allow him to continue to work with Scotland and thus swan off with them at crucial points in the season and divert his focus away from what should be his number one priority, as if McGhee ever needed much encouragement to let his mind wander anyway.

This is, in my opinion, a poor appointment by a club lacking in savvy and ambition, instead preferring to opt to try and re-trace old steps yet again in the hope that it will work out. I am not impressed one bit.

I'm absolutely disgusted by this appointment and although I will continue to support Motherwell FC regardless of who the manager is, I do not support this man.

In truth, I find McGhee beneath contempt for the way in which he treated us, the club and supporters during his second season where he basically sidelined us while he whored himself for every job going and was an unofficial Celtic mouthpiece, never done bumping his gums about them in the media to his pals on Radio Clyde or in his various newspaper columns. I'll never forgive him for his "I want the players to aim higher than Motherwell" and "I don't give a damn what the Motherwell fans think" remarks either.

And apart from all that, he is a shite manager who has failed at every job he's been in prior to and since season 2007/08 with us, when, granted he did a superb job, but the stats and his records don't lie. I have no doubt he is in this job because of some old pals within Fir Park and naturally, like McCall before him, they will allow him to continue to work with Scotland and thus swan off with them at crucial points in the season and divert his focus away from what should be his number one priority, as if McGhee ever needed much encouragement to let his mind wander anyway.

This is, in my opinion, a poor appointment by a club lacking in savvy and ambition, instead preferring to opt to try and re-trace old steps yet again in the hope that it will work out. I am not impressed one bit.

^^ wanted Jimmy Calderwood :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

. I'll never forgive him for his "I want the players to aim higher than Motherwell" and "I don't give a damn what the Motherwell fans think" remarks either.

I agree with him on that - I want players that want to play at a higher level and not people who feel they have peaked by playing for a middling Scottish Premier club...and I feel exactly the same about managers.

Anyone that thinks 99% of pro's would view Motherwell as their final, showpiece destination is deluding themselves and the fact is that almost all aspiring players or managers (especially with their agents influence) are positioning themselves for their next move before the ink is dry on their current contract - it's incredibly naive to think otherwise.

When teams are bottom or close they tend to appoint short term keep them up types.

Nae long term plan at all here.

We can revisit this thread in 12 months for his replacement.

If Motherwell fans want a wee dip into the future just look at Hibs.

A succession of short term managers until the inevitable happened.

When teams are bottom or close they tend to appoint short term keep them up types.

Nae long term plan at all here.

We can revisit this thread in 12 months for his replacement.

If Motherwell fans want a wee dip into the future just look at Hibs.

A succession of short term managers until the inevitable happened.

:lol:

Oh, Gaz! You're some lad.

Archived