Cheating

P45

I was in a relationship that had long overrun its course and was struggling to end it. The Christmas holidays were approaching so this seemed like an ideal time to sit down and spend some time together and discuss why we had to split up. I went to Majestic wine and spent about £80 on various poisons and after a couple of days of Dutch courage decided to finally blurt out that I'd been lying whenever she asked if I'd cheated on her and I'd said no. I rattled off a few encounters and thought that would do the trick to have her out the door.

Instead, she took it well and said it was okay as she too had cheated on me various times and that it was good to be honest about it. Took another few days to finally get her out the door.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a guy sleeps with lots of girls then he is a legend.

Only to the "LAD" brigade. Everyone else thinks he's a bit of a c**t.

What a load of crap. Regardless of who you are with most folk are still going to be tempted if offered it on a plate. Some folk have weak impulse control and its no reflection on their missus.

How folk feelThey're in a position to comment on other people's lives with such authority i will never know...

I don't cheat now but have in the past. No reflection on my missus or how i felt about her.

That's a bit like when morbidly obese folk say they've got a slow metabolism. "Honest, it's not my fault I've got weak impulse control". Yeah, no one's buying it.

What a load of crap. Regardless of who you are with most folk are still going to be tempted if offered it on a plate. Some folk have weak impulse control and its no reflection on their missus.

How folk feelThey're in a position to comment on other people's lives with such authority i will never know...

I don't cheat now but have in the past. No reflection on my missus or how i felt about her.

You've described your own post in the first sentence ;)

Everyone looks, and IMO there's nothing wrong with looking so long as you don't touch! If I genuinely thought I'd go with another lassie should the opportunity arise then I wouldn't be with my missus as I obviously wouldn't be getting what I wanted from the relationship. It's not a reflection on your missus when you cheated on her in the past, I agree. But I disagree with the second part. Obviously something was missing for you or you surely wouldn't go looking elsewhere?

Everyone looks, and IMO there's nothing wrong with looking so long as you don't touch! If I genuinely thought I'd go with another lassie should the opportunity arise then I wouldn't be with my missus as I obviously wouldn't be getting what I wanted from the relationship. It's not a reflection on your missus when you cheated on her in the past, I agree. But I disagree with the second part. Obviously something was missing for you or you surely wouldn't go looking elsewhere?

Men are pre-programmed to f**k everything that moves. Some have got higher sex drives than others, some have got better will power and some have got more of a conscience.

I'm not sure I could keep to my vows if Kelly Brook offered me a 69er.

There's nothing worse than finding out your girlfriend has been cheating on you. On the other hand you never feel more alive than when you're cheating on your girlfriend. That's God telling us it's ok for men to cheat but it's abominable for women to do so. Unless it's you they're shagging of course, it does get complicated.

I think if it's only once you can forgive each other, things happen in the heat of the moment and a one night stand can be a genuine mistake. Having an affair is unacceptable though. If I found out my missus was having an affair I'd rip slash her throat. Probably.

Completely agree with 19QOS19 here. Think it's pretty bang out and I'm shocked by the amount of people who don't seem to give a f**k about doing it.

HSF and Ruggy must have the least trusting marriage ever. Constantly wondering which one will cheat first.

Just because you've cheated on a previous partner doesn't mean you will do it again. I was 18/19 when I was cheating on my ex. He lived in a different country, I rarely saw him. We had been together since I was 14 and the relationship was going nowhere.

I think if it's only once you can forgive each other, things happen in the heat of the moment and a one night stand can be a genuine mistake. Having an affair is unacceptable though. If I found out my missus was having an affair I'd rip slash her throat. Probably.

:lol:

"I didn't mean to put my dick in her darling, honest. I just kind of tripped!"

:1eye

So you have no sexual thoughts whatsoever about anyone else other than your missus? I don't believe that.

You better not be getting fucking lippy :lol:

:lol:

So you have no sexual thoughts whatsoever about anyone else other than your missus? I don't believe that.

I've already answered that and made it perfectly clear that everyone looks. I've no doubt in my mind that my missus does as well. In fact, she's Peter Andre daft the stupid cow. But I couldn't care what thoughts she has about other guys, so long as that's all it is. Of course I have thoughts about other woman. Any guy who looks at Katy Perry and Michelle Keegan and doesn't imagine having a go on them, is talking shite. That's not the issue though, we're talking about acting on thoughts. Fantasising about other women is a totally different issue to actually cheating on someone. IMO anyway.

Archived