Stirling Albion v Queens Park

King's Park had debts before the war and the grandstand was taken out by the only bomb that fell on Stirling, further proof, if any was needed, that Hitler was an Alloa fan.

Now the choice was clear, continue the old club and repay the debts or start a brand new club without the debts. THE King's Park was NOT in the running for the new club's name but Stirling Villa was the early favoured name until the early games used the back of Albion Lorries to provide areas behind the goals for fans to stand on and see the game.

King's Park had debts before the war and the grandstand was taken out by the only bomb that fell on Stirling, further proof, if any was needed, that Hitler was an Alloa fan.

Now the choice was clear, continue the old club and repay the debts or start a brand new club without the debts. THE King's Park was NOT in the running for the new club's name but Stirling Villa was the early favoured name until the early games used the back of Albion Lorries to provide areas behind the goals for fans to stand on and see the game.

thanks Ray - interesting..........final though on this (from me), did any of the former KP players end up playing for SA, or were SA strong enough in their own right?

The Stirling Villa aspect reminds me that when QP were founded in 1867 (only 8 years before KP!) we were only one vote away from being called "The Celts" (be careful how you pronounce it!).

Well I had high hopes for this game making it 2 home wins on the trot but poor defending cost us the 2nd goal and despite having a couple of decent chances after going behind we could not get back on level terms.

Thankfully for us the Shire lost 4-0 to Arbroath and are still bottom, we are 1 point ahead in 2nd bottom place and unless their is a big improvement it looks like we will fighting with the Shire to avoid the relegation playoffs.

Next week we are away to East Fife who had a good away win today over Montrose 4-1. On this form I cant see us getting anything at New Bayview.

After the highs of the last two weeks it was improbable we could keep that high tempo going. At half-time it looked like maybe we could but Stirling came at as lively in the second at the same time as we lost the beat a bit and the second period was more of a contest. In the end, great individual work by Ralston was the difference but if QP hope to get out of this division hard graft and endeavour, like the second half, will serve as well as the dominant passing game, like the first half. Three points on the road. Second top of the table. Good day all round.

Stirling fans needn't worry too much. Always seems the way that newly relegated teams struggle a bit but there's enough there to be safe and maybe a run at the play-offs after Christmas. A couple of midfielders would contribute more though by trying to get to the ball before the player. Your no. 8 had at least 3 yellow card offences after he got booked. A stronger character than today's ref might have seen things different.

Solid individual performances all round. Galt, despite being hacked out of the game, Berry and McKernon all superb in the first half but MotM to young Ralston for me. Faultless display coming back from injury plus the winning goal. Sincerely hope Duggan's spell on the naughty step has got him focussed for next week.

Think a point probably would have been fair today but when your luck is out then your luck is out.

i thought we played well enough, but QP managed to up things slightly in the 2nd Half and we couldn't. We also Defended poorly at times, especially when in possession of the ball and for their 2nd goal. McGeachie & Forsyth being the biggest culprits.

Just don't know what new things to say, I don't think we were poor today, yeah over passed it at times, sloppy at times but compared to Arbroath there was improvement, a bit of urgency and a bit of fight.

McLaren said he's still aiming to win the league, I haven't seen anything "league winning" about the team so far, this Saturday was no different.

Final word, just couldn't believe Anthony Ralston is only 16 years old, if he keeps developing then he's going to be some player.

Albion certainly had a good number of excellent chances, but thankfully their forwards were dreadful and blew the lot...except the one that looked a mile offside.

Those chances aside, I thought we looked in control for most of the game, but I was surprised to see that the BBC gave Albion 52% of the possession. Still, we looked good once again with a pretty good range of performances right through the team. Ralston is a star in the making and the wee busy guys in midfield had another excellent day. Paul Woods shading off a wee bit recently, but the guys beside him are doing more than enough to make up for it. Great to see Carter score again.

I thought Albion were pretty poor, constantly giving the ball away.....but they could have won if they'd taken a couple of the good chances they had. Maybe a wee wake up call for us.

Archived