Let's say you're clearing out a distant relative's house after they've died and you find an old, dusty oil lamp. You think you see some inscription on it, but it's covered by years of stoor, so you give it a wee rub on your jumper and *POOF* (or perhaps "alakazam" if you're unsure about possible offensive connotations) a motherfucking genie bursts forth, strokes his wispy wee beard and tells you in his best faux-middle eastern accent that for freeing him he will grant you three wishes. You rub your eyes in disbelief and then your wheels start turning as you weigh up what to wish for.

What do you ask him to grant you?

1) this motherfucking genie bangs all maws bar mine

2) I could go back in time, go back ten minutes and submit this post instead of trying to think of something clever or funny to post (which I fail at)

3) LOST returns with new episodes

Boss

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. An indestructible record of all knowledge gained by the human race, along with a detailed history of our actions as a species.

2. Freedom for my new genie pal after granting the third wish.

3. The instant, painless death of all human life.

Watch that could pause, rewind or fast forward time.

Immortality.

Ability to control anyone. Not all for seedy purposes I may add. Imagine watching Craig Whyte mooning the rangers fans from the centre circle at ibrox or a mass brawl in the Houses of Parliament.

To have enough money to buy whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted.

Like Matty, be able to choose when I wanted to die, and for my immediate family to have the same ability (it's one wish, all right!)

Be fluent in every single known language.

Enough cash to retire and lead a very comfortable life.

A properly rebuilt from the ground up 205 gti

A night with Dr Alice Roberts, Dr Hannah Fry and Professor Janina Ramirez.

I'm a man of simple tastes with a weird thing for filthy smart women.

I saw Dr Hannah Fry on that new Brian Cox programme. The programme was shit. She was not.

How about adding Dr Amy Mainzer to your list, of NASA's JPL?

67d994353884e2321582b8c793d91fd1.jpg

Ooh actually one of my wishes would be a huge book/document detailing the truth behind all major and minor incidents regarding governments and murders and anything I wish to know really. Nosey b*****d that I am would love to ken the whole truth about Roswell/JFK/911/Tupac/If McCartney is dead/If the queen is a lizard/If Atlantis exists etc.etc.

Archived