Alloa Athletic v Livingston

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses

Easy away win

As predicted.

Alloa now bottom where they will stay until their relegation to the seaside leagues to play at their level.

As predicted.

Alloa now bottom where they will stay until their relegation to the seaside leagues to play at their level.

^^^^^^^^

Still seething.

We were poor today there was no fight or creativity coming from the midfield, McManus was poor today and I would expect him to drop out next week and Homer to come in from the start. The front 2 ran there socks off working on scraps with our only real chance being a long range effort from Chopra in the first half.

Fucking YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

At last Sheerin was played from the start along with Buchanan (also believe White would be equally effective alongside him) and what a difference it made to our attack. Buchanan ran his arse off all over the pitch and Sheerin stuck to a main striker role bang in the middle, and it bloody worked.

Sheerin made the first goal slipping Buchanan in and cracking finish from the wee man. Any ball hit towards Sheeerin has a 90% chance of sticking to him and that gives us players who can run off him inside the box and that's exactly how we got our first goal.

2nd goal was a superb ball from the wing into Sheerin, think it was Millen as it was on the right side, keep getting mixed up with him and Longridge, both had a terrific game getting down both wings, and the big fella stuck it away well. He was absolutely desperate to get on the ball today and was continually making things happen around the box.

3rd goal was purely all down to Buchanan, he used his body to push his marker out the way and get a yard on him, got on the ball and just carried it from the halfway line into the box and stuck it past the keeper, great strikers goal.

Defence was keeping everything simple, no pissing about taking any risks, Gallagher just knocked it out for a throw in and didn't even think about knocking it back to his keeper. Gordon was his usual solid self and just knocks everything up the pitch and clears the danger. McCallum didn't have too much to do but kept everything simple too, got his body behind a few shots that were hit down his throat and smothered them, commanded his area well and kicked well.

More of the same against Dumbarton next week and we'll move ahead of them too.

Deserved win for Livi. We were poor for most of the ninety minutes.

Buchanan was the class forward on the pitch, not that any Alloa fans would be surprised at that. His first goal was a typically clinicał finish of a difficult chance.

For Alloa, Hill and Hamilton did well, O'Brien and Duffy had moments of quality but generally we were second best.

We need to regroup for next week and we also need a centre forward.

Guest Back Post Misses

^^^^^^^^

Still seething.

We were poor today there was no fight or creativity coming from the midfield, McManus was poor today and I would expect him to drop out next week and Homer to come in from the start. The front 2 ran there socks off working on scraps with our only real chance being a long range effort from Chopra in the first half.

Seething about what?

If you mean our result last week then the reeming we got midweek was and is much more painful than dropping a stupid couple of points to Alloa.

As predicted.

The thing is though we are a part time team in a full time league whilst full time teams play in the League below is. Punching above our weight and by last and this year's league standings so far we are the second best part time team in the country. Falkirk on the other hand are just a Diddy full time team from up the road.

The funniest part in all of this is you are seething because you stood behind a tall guy so you couldn't see and blamed us. Instead of slating our stadium however focus on your own considering it was never fully built and you're still a stand down...

Poor display our decision making was very very poor am sure there will be changes next week yes I know you know danny knows the man on the moon knows we need another Striker in

Who !!!!!!

It's Danny's job to decide who and to get him in.

Well deserved victory, thought we controlled the game especially the 2nd half which we dominated.

Thought we looked a little edgy up until we scored but overall a solid performance.

Gordon and Gallacher are definitely our best centre back pairing, and I'd say we've probably found our forward pairing too, Sheerin and Buchanan worked really well together.

We played well today but I'm not going to get carried away, Alloa where very poor today, a little down to us but a lot down to themselves too, didn't see any kind of goal threat, and nothing in the middle of the park, Alloa are poorer than last season (as are we mind you) and no disrespect intended but if we finish below Alloa we will be bottom as I can't see Alloa being out the bottom 2 this season.

Dumbarton away next week is another big game I'd say that's a game we can't lose rather than a must win, we need to put a wee run together and this run of fixtures is an ideal opportunity to do that.

Folks, c'mon...My Settings>'Ignore' Preferences>Add a new user to my list>Back Post Misses. He gets a frisson of sexual excitement whenever you bite.

Anyway, today just highlighted how poor Morton were in attack, and that Falkirk really didn't have a good game against us. Well beaten today by Livingston without them having to work too hard for it; there was never a chance of us getting a goal, barring another keeper calamity. Liam's still deadly at this level, and I don't even remember Big Ben having to do anything much. Livi looked alright, and it was nice to see that they seem to have dropped the constant diving and writhing around in faux-agony from last season.

Hopefully Danny's got something in mind, other than "focusing on belief".

Wasps1 I'm pretty sure you played 'hot stuff' by Donna Summer last weekend? Please do not play this again.

I saw this earlier today and wondered if he's play it today when I was walking up to the ground. Came through the turnstiles and heard, "sittin' here eatin' my heart out, baby..." :lol:

Did he introduce it with, "...and here's a little GIRUY for Waspy on P&B!"

Archived