Alloa Athletic v Livingston

Back Post Misses :lol: .

Most disappointing result of the season so far today. Think we all knew we were in for a tough season and that there would be some very hard days but losing 3-0 at home to the team who were bottom is a real blow. I see the manager was "angered" by the performance which isn't the kind of thing we have heard from him after previous defeats so perhaps we'll see a wee shake up for next week.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back Post Misses :lol: .

Most disappointing result of the season so far today. Think we all knew we were in for a tough season and that there would be some very hard days but losing 3-0 at home to the team who were bottom is a real blow. I see the manager was "angered" by the performance which isn't the kind of thing we have heard from him after previous defeats so perhaps we'll see a wee shake up for next week.

What can he shake up though? Marr is still suspended and we've seen chopping and changing the defence every week doesn't work, The only thing I think he will change is the centre of the midfield McManus isn't good enough IMO and should be dropped next week for Holmes.

What can he shake up though? Marr is still suspended and we've seen chopping and changing the defence every week doesn't work, The only thing I think he will change is the centre of the midfield McManus isn't good enough IMO and should be dropped next week for Holmes.

mcmanus has been pretty consistent this season, personally I'd drop burton obrien for Holmer

we've got decent ball players in the middle of the park but need a bit more ball winning there. That was our downfall yesterday. Maybe try and coax Spider Ramsay out of retirement. Connor is a good player, but still learning the game and needs to be a bit more streetwise at times- but that will come.

No complaints about the result yesterday, the scoreline was probably a fairly accurate reflection. Class finishes by Buchanan, particularly the opener. A day to forget for us.

Folks, c'mon...My Settings>'Ignore' Preferences>Add a new user to my list>Back Post Misses. He gets a frisson of sexual excitement whenever you bite.

Anyway, today just highlighted how poor Morton were in attack, and that Falkirk really didn't have a good game against us. Well beaten today by Livingston without them having to work too hard for it; there was never a chance of us getting a goal, barring another keeper calamity. Liam's still deadly at this level, and I don't even remember Big Ben having to do anything much. Livi looked alright, and it was nice to see that they seem to have dropped the constant diving and writhing around in faux-agony from last season.

Hopefully Danny's got something in mind, other than "focusing on belief".

Only because Mullen wasn't playing, though some of Alloa's players were doing a fair bit of falling down to get fouls yesterday.

Pepper for Morton made Mullen look like an amateur, the way he went down doing a triple roll and writhing in agony to get Ben Gordon sent off, then didn't even get treatment from their physio.

Yeah our performances have been good against Hibs, Sevco and Caley but we weren't putting our chances away and we kept making bad defensive errors. Having a front two of Sheerin/Buchanan or Sheerin/White would def help though, and keeping it simple in defence with no silly mistakes between defenders and keeper.

That's four games in a row where the opposition have dropped their standards or given their worst performance of the season. Got a feeling Livvy are beginning to get somewhere.

I don't think either are true of us, but good win nonetheless :P

Read Lennon saying it was your worst performance, mr bread man said the same after we played Sevco but we didn't take our chances against them and were slack defending for a couple of their goals so they still won, Hibs were the same, dodgy free kick and DJ giving them three quarters of the goal to aim for from said dodgy free kick gave them a win even though we made them have a bad game. Same again against Caley, two gifted goals gave them the win despite Livi being the better team in the first half.

Archived