Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

There with have it, the beginning of the end of the greatest period of tennis that's ever been.  Federer retires.  Without his brilliance Nadal and Djokovic would never have reached the height they did.  No matter which one of them you think is the GOAT everyone will be in agreement that they are the three greatest players ever.

The reason those three were the greatest is that they got to play each other so often, learning to win against Grand Masters meant they had better experience and had seen all the tricks and trades so that even in the twilights of their careers they could and still can see off the best of the rest.  Although I never actually rooted for Federer, I wanted him to lose against Nadal and Djokovic, he was just utterly cool and suave even four hours into a five set epic.  While there has always been doubts about the legitimacy of Djokovic or Nadal's physicality, you could never say that about Federer.  He really was that good.

Legend, I feel sorry for anyone else that retired this year in the men's or women's game, as they aren't getting into the Hall of Fame.  Serena and Roger have that wrapped up already.

Federer on court now for the last time ever in this Laver Cup circus, playing doubles with Nadal.
Murray just lost to De Minaur in the singles but Europe won the two afternoon matches so it’s 2-1 to team europe so far.

Team World with a dominating final day winning all 3 matches to take the win for the first time by 13 to 8.  I watched some of it yesterday and the North American guys were just hitting through the Europeans.  FAA was toying with Djokovic at times.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

👀

Dearie me...

I wonder what fantasy story he'll drum up about this...

I showed the clip to Mrs BID who actually swore implying he's a cheating bassa...

A quick look down some of the Twatter replies sees the apologists starting to appear..

That’s a nothing story - that’s just electrolyte powders being mixed.  Depending on the players physicality different ones will be prepared before consumption.

Andy Murray also has this done particularly when he was cramping in the North American swing.

It does look pretty dodgy though.  A few extra urine tests on the players would at least give the illusion that the ATP takes it seriously.

Holger Rune became the first person in Masters History to beat five Top 10 players to claim victory.  The other person he best was Stan Wawrinka, that’s a well deserved first Masters.

It was only the fifth time Novak has lost a final from being a set up.

Rune will be top 10 from Monday.  Alcaraz has pulled out of the ATP finals, so Rune may be an alternative for that if there is another pull out.

I mean if there was something dodgy going on, do you think he would have the magic drink mixed in full view of officials, a crowd of thousands and dozens cameras?
It’s common practice with all the pros to have weird vitamin drinks made up like this.

On 06/11/2022 at 21:29, Lex said:

I mean if there was something dodgy going on, do you think he would have the magic drink mixed in full view of officials, a crowd of thousands and dozens cameras?
It’s common practice with all the pros to have weird vitamin drinks made up like this.

Why do they ask the guy to turn his body and block anyone viewing this completely legal weird vitamin drink being mixed? 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Why do they ask the guy to turn his body and block anyone viewing this completely legal weird vitamin drink being mixed? 

As different mixes give different results.  If I know Djokovic needs to take an electrolyte mix to aid cramping 45 minutes in, I’m going to elongate the rallies so he cramps sooner.

Even if it was dodgy, they’d all get away with it, due to the lack of testing.  By the time WADA has caught up by banning substances the players move on to something else.  Unless you forget to read your emails like Sharapova.

2 hours ago, Loki said:

As different mixes give different results.  If I know Djokovic needs to take an electrolyte mix to aid cramping 45 minutes in, I’m going to elongate the rallies so he cramps sooner.

Even if it was dodgy, they’d all get away with it, due to the lack of testing.  By the time WADA has caught up by banning substances the players move on to something else.  Unless you forget to read your emails like Sharapova.

There's surely better ways to disguise what mix of stuff you're using than you're entire team looking like they are racking out lines of cocaine in alleyway.