Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

In the end Novak won that without getting out of second gear.  Incredible to think that’s his 7th Wimbledon title.

As soon as the stress came with not making every shot Nick Kyrgios fell apart. He will never get a better chance to win a Slam, and he just couldn’t perform at a high enough level to trouble Novak.

Novak was well below par at the start of the match, but grew into it as the patterns of Nick’s serve became easier to read.

Better tennis player won in the end.

Yeah that went pretty much as expected. Thought Kyrgios might tank that fourth set and get bagel or a 6-1 but he did well to take it to a tie break and make a bit of a game of it. I think he might win a major, one day, probably the Aus when he’s in his 30’s.
Djokovic just did what he had to, like always. He never had to go toe to toe with Kyrgios, just grind away and the errors will come. He did that and won the tournament without ever really playing that well. His presence at the other end of the court is enough sometimes, it seems. Over five years since he last lost a match at Wimbledon now.
He will be the favourite going into the US Open next month and I expect he will win that too, which would put him level with Nadal on 22, he could over take him at the Aus in the new year.
I assume Medvedev will be back for both of those though, so there could be a bit of a test for him there.

Will Djokovic even be allowed to compete at the US Open given his vac status? The commentators seemed to think he might not be there.
Last report I saw was that he wouldn't be allowed in, but I think he was hoping the rules might change by then.

Heh heh.....................Bawbag Kyrgios gets to the final by playing one match less (a potential 5 setter) than Novax and he also has 4 consecutive days of relative calm to prepare and rest.............................

And still he f*cked it up in only 4 sets............................He's a total w@nk. 

And I am no fan of Djokovic.

16 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Will Djokovic even be allowed to compete at the US Open given his vac status? The commentators seemed to think he might not be there.

Nope.  All foreign players need to be vaccinated to get a VISA.  Plus you need to be vaccinated to compete professionally in New York State.

As things stand his next Grand Slam match will be in France next year.

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Yeah that went pretty much as expected. Thought Kyrgios might tank that fourth set and get bagel or a 6-1 but he did well to take it to a tie break and make a bit of a game of it. I think he might win a major, one day, probably the Aus when he’s in his 30’s.

Djoko essentially ruled out of the us and Aussie opens for a while throws the draw open quite a bit. 

Was busy watching the cycling, but caught the end & thought the Aussie threw the towel in, against one of the all time greats, who's been there done it & got the tshirt.
Pretty sure the Djokovic has been Champ point down, on a few occasions, & pulled it out the bag. It's called having character.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

They said on 5Live that Djokovic hasn't lost on Centre Court since Sir Andy absolutely battered him on 2013

He has won every Wimbledon since that loss apart from in 2016 and 2017.  He lost to Querrey in 2016 and Berdych the following year when he had to retire through injury.  Both of those were on Court 1.  He almost lost the year before also on Court 1 where he came back from 2-0 down against Kevin Anderson.

So if you want Djokovic to be beaten schedule him on Court One last on.

12 hours ago, sparky88 said:

Djoko essentially ruled out of the us and Aussie opens for a while throws the draw open quite a bit. 

I think he'll be at both, US has already made covid exemptions for athletes and the AUS one is a long way away, there will likely be further rule changes between now and then. We will see.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

I think he'll be at both, US has already made covid exemptions for athletes and the AUS one is a long way away, there will likely be further rule changes between now and then. We will see.

Not so sure about Australia.  They don't f**k around with their border policies.

Not so sure about Australia.  They don't f**k around with their border policies.
It will be there summer, so covid rates should be low.. somehow I think he will be allowed to play. Genuinely think he will court more sympathy this year with the French and English already letting him in...