Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Final's at 9pm our time thank f**k. Never been that keen on women's tennis this has been riveting tonight, both games. 

It'd be great if the closing of the golden era in men's tennis was followed by one in women's tennis, cos it's been a bit pish since Azarenka stopped being competitive.

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

Well. Layla Fernandez beats Sabalenka in a cracking match.

She's two months older than Raducanu. She was born two days before Serena Williams won the third of the four titles in the Serena Slam.

They hype has all been about Raducanu, but Fernandez has beaten the 2nd, 3rd and 5th ranked players in this tournament.

its all about how they've progressed, but i read elsewhere Raducanu has already beaten Fernandez at Junior Wimbledon

Raducanu the absolute assassin.  Up to 32 in the World Rankings.  Despite playing three matches more than Fernandes she has been on court less than her.  The only player in history to make a Slam Final from qualifying.  First teenage final since Serena vs Hingis in 1999.  The best thing about it?  The absolute joy that both players get from playing tennis.  No matter who wins on Saturday, tennis wins.

I barely watch tennis now having been quite active on this thread over the last decade.  I only really get to watch the 3 other slams as they're on Sky.  Don't see any other tennis.  I might try and see if I can buy this match tomorrow night.

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I barely watch tennis now having been quite active on this thread over the last decade.  I only really get to watch the 3 other slams as they're on Sky.  Don't see any other tennis.  I might try and see if I can buy this match tomorrow night.

Sky don’t have any tennis rights.  Everything ATP and WTA is on Amazon Prime.  The Australian Open is still covered by Eurosport, BBC have Wimbledon and ITV have had the French Open but think they’ve lost the rights.  Prime have had the US Open the last few years.

You’ll get it in Amazon Prime, possibly free trials on offer, but if not 7.99 for a month.

Just now, Loki said:

Sky don’t have any tennis rights.  Everything ATP and WTA is on Amazon Prime.  The Australian Open is still covered by Eurosport, BBC have Wimbledon and ITV have had the French Open but think they’ve lost the rights.  Prime have had the US Open the last few years.

You’ll get it in Amazon Prime, possibly free trials on offer, but if not 7.99 for a month.

Aye sorry I meant you can still see them via your Sky subscription, not via a streaming service.

5 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Not to be a dick because I'm a big fan of Henman and he gets some unfair stick, but the irony of looking to Tim for inspiration on the verge of getting to a grand slam final surely wasn't lost on anyone.

I missed this.  Is that what Raducanu said?  She's not going to look to a Jock for inspiration IMO, needs to be a fellow Nigel to keep the press happy.

Men’s semis:
Djokovic v Zverev
Medvedev v Auger-Aliassime
Djokovic and Zverev both had fairly straightforward quarter final wins yesterday.
The young South African Harris did have a set point in the first set against Zverev, missed it, lost the set then head went down. Novak did lose the first set against Berretini, as seems to be his game plan. Then he got his rage on and won the next three 6-2, 6-2, 6-3.