Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

A marvellous performance from Emma, really stepped up her performance and left Bencic with not a clue what to do.  Superb.

Really pulling for a Raducanu Fernandez final. Battle of the Canadians.  Their accumulative age will be less than Roger Federer 😃

Edited by Loki

Exactly the reason why I thought it was winnable. Raducanu coming out and playing with zero pressure whereas Bencic struggled with being the heavy favourite and was beating herself up once behind in the set and ended up passing up opportunities to get back in.

Same reason you’d prefer her facing Sakkari in the semi-final as no doubt Pliskova is the more difficult of the 2 with her experience in these situations.

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

This might be the last tournament she ever needs to qualify then 

She will need to qualify for Indian Wells as the cut off for rankings was today.  Murray will also have to qualify.  Although he'll likely get a Wild Card and no doubt Raducanu will get one if she asks.  

Murray will also play a Challenger in France next week.  There's also tournaments in Metz, Sofia and San Diego before Indian Wells.  If I was to guess I would say he will play the two in France and then go to the two in the USA.

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Bencic's brain is scrambled.

Radacanu staying really composed

I was listening to the second set on 5 live xtra in the dark on my way home from work,the commentators where say that Emma seems to have a way to force her opponents into playing shots that they feel uncomfortable with and don't want to be playing. They seem unable to respond to her game 

Murray is in yet another grand slam final. Jamie and Bruno through in the doubles semi in three sets and they will play Joe Salisbury and Rajeev Ram in the final.
Definitely going to have at least one British winner at the US open this year…Thought this was a great shot:
IMG_6525.jpg

Well. Layla Fernandez beats Sabalenka in a cracking match.

She's two months older than Raducanu. She was born two days before Serena Williams won the third of the four titles in the Serena Slam.

They hype has all been about Raducanu, but Fernandez has beaten the 2nd, 3rd and 5th ranked players in this tournament.