Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Murray plays the first of two indoor tournaments in Cologne over the next two weeks.  He will play Fernando Verdasco in the first round and if he does go through he will face Sacha Zverev.

19 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Not sure Murray will get back to top 10. If he doesn't progress I'd expect him to retire next year at Wimbledon after accepting wild card.

Yep I'm thinking Wimbledon 2021 will be the end of the line for him.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Medvedev's celebration when winning the ATP Finals was brilliant.  A very nonchalant shrug and a slow walk to the net to give Thiem a lukewarm hand shake.

In an interview in the Murray Monfils show on twitch he said he thought it would be the best way to celebrate.  All these legends of the game super celebrating and him not giving a shit.

Also the first player ever to defeat the top three seeds to win it.  With very little points to defend at the start of the year, he now has a great chance to topple Novak around March.

Did anyone else watch the Murray Monfils shows on twitch?

Medvedev is brilliant.  I love watching him play and he seems like a pretty funny and troll-like personality.  

Basically everything Nick Kyrgios aspires to be, and fails miserably.

He's currently my favourite player, bar Andy Murray.

Medvedev is brilliant.  I love watching him play and he seems like a pretty funny and troll-like personality.  
Basically everything Nick Kyrgios aspires to be, and fails miserably.
He's currently my favourite player, bar Andy Murray.
This, think he is superb. Night and day between Kyrgios and Medvedev. Medvedev makes me laugh, comes so natural to him and backs it up on court with a big title too.
Big shout out to Thiem too, comes across as an absolute gentleman and will win more majors

Medvedev's celebration when winning the ATP Finals was brilliant.  A very nonchalant shrug and a slow walk to the net to give Thiem a lukewarm hand shake.

In an interview in the Murray Monfils show on twitch he said he thought it would be the best way to celebrate.  All these legends of the game super celebrating and him not giving a shit.

Also the first player ever to defeat the top three seeds to win it.  With very little points to defend at the start of the year, he now has a great chance to topple Novak around March.

Did anyone else watch the Murray Monfils shows on twitch?

Chance to make it to number 1 potentially at Wimbledon where he would hope for Novak to fall early and lose the best part of 2000 points. He can gain significant points at Indian Wells and Miami and hopefully get a few more wins on the clay (assuming calendar is relatively normal).

• 4 weeks later...

Andy Murray returned to action today playing Dan Evans.  In a close match Murray won in straight sets 7-6 6-4.  His serve was better, his forehand was better, and his movement was good.  Was a bit knackered at the end.  First serves in, still needs a bit of work, but the variety on the second serve is good again.  Pretty encouraging.

He needs about 15 pull outs to make the main draw of the Australian Open that has now been pushed back to a February start.  Qualifying will be mid January in Dubai.  I am sure he will get the one international Wild Card  to the main draw if he asks for it.  He may want to play qualifying to get some quality matches in, and test where he is.