Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

That was vintage Murray. Play shite for ages, grind through the important bits, WIN.

Don't have stats to hand (maybe they said on commentary, but I was watching on a bookie feed where there was none), but I feel like he's come from 2 sets down to win loads of times at Slams. Far more than the other top players.

ETA - just seen the post from DeeTilEhDeh after I posted this. There we go.

Edited by Nightmare

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

He seems to do it at the French Open quite a lot. Gets booked against some local jobber in the first round, goes 2-0 down then does the Hogan comeback and wins 3-2.

I remember one in an early round against Gasquet (after RG had just returned from his ban and thus was unseeded). Got backhanded off the court in the first couple of sets but ground it out for a bit and ended up skoosking the last set when Gasquet had knackered himself out. Crowd had been bouncing but ended up totally flat. Delicious.

27 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Murray joins Becker, Federer and Krickstein as joint top for most comebacks from 2 sets down on majors/Davis Cup matches - 10 times now.

Be good to see a list of those. 

I remember the quarter final v Verdasco at Wimbledon in 2013 when he came back from 2 sets down before going on to win the title.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Be good to see a list of those. 

I remember the quarter final v Verdasco at Wimbledon in 2013 when he came back from 2 sets down before going on to win the title.

That was the match where at the changeover just after he went 2-0 he was sat in his chair and was shouting ‘the fuck am I doing?!’ over and over. 

The BBC kept apologising for the next 10 minutes. Was very funny.