Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Any truth in the rumour that Andy took to the field wearing a hockey mask and padded body suit, as he was expecting a punch or elbow?

Different sport mate :P He can expect to get smacked very hard with the ball though ;) please dont take offence to that :lol::lol:

I think hatred for Hewitt is pretty much worldwide.

Really? :unsure:

My thoughts on Hewitt range from positive to indifference but I dont view him at all in a negative way.

Plus is he now not pumping that darling from Home and Away? Which immediately puts him up again in my estimations.

Really? :unsure:

My thoughts on Hewitt range from positive to indifference but I dont view him at all in a negative way.

Yeah, I know his popularity in Aus is pretty mixed. I think some of his comments away from the court haven't endeared him to the public (only going on what Ive been told by an Aussie mate).

I don't think the other players like him much either, which is usually a good indication of cockery.

What, you mean he doesn't punch enough opponents? ;)

Too many injuries - he's obviously not going in hard enough. :D

Why are you jumping in again :lol:

Please leave that for the Footballer jailed thread :P

Anyway get this thread back on topic...........

Yeah, I know his popularity in Aus is pretty mixed. I think some of his comments away from the court haven't endeared him to the public (only going on what Ive been told by an Aussie mate).

I don't think the other players like him much either, which is usually a good indication of cockery.

Yep basically ;)

His antics on court aswell plus the way he blames injury all the time.

Over here it is basically 50/50 in opinion on him.

Btw he is down 4-2 in the 2nd set :D

Andy Murray is up against Fernando Verdasco this morning - third on Vodafone Arena, after Martina Hingis (who's just taken the first set of her match 6-2) and Alicia Molik. Potentially, he could be on by 3am.

Tougher match for him, IMO, but it's one that he goes into as a big favourite.

Not an easy match for Murray but i think he will go through. Another benefit for him is that its a cool day today and only going to reach a high of 28 degrees celcius and he will be playing later on today when it will start to get more overcast. At the moment though it is not that hot.

Did anyone watch the Gael Monfils vs Marcos Baghdatis match last night, what a match :o a great match to watch. Another great match that would be good to watch coming up tomorrow will be the Roddick vs Safin match, should be a belter.

Not an easy match for Murray but i think he will go through. Another benefit for him is that its a cool day today and only going to reach a high of 28 degrees celcius and he will be playing later on today when it will start to get more overcast. At the moment though it is not that hot.

Did anyone watch the Gael Monfils vs Marcos Baghdatis match last night, what a match :o a great match to watch. Another great match that would be good to watch coming up tomorrow will be the Roddick vs Safin match, should be a belter.

Vodafone Arena has the roof closed at the moment (Eurosport were showing it a few moments ago.....incidentally, so does Rod Laver Arena) - I'd imagine the conditions will be very similar to those when he taught Alberto Martin a lesson. :)

Missed Monfils v Baghdatis, but Safin v Roddick is guaranteed to be a 5 set marathon ;)

Vodafone Arena has the roof closed at the moment (Eurosport were showing it a few moments ago.....incidentally, so does Rod Laver Arena) - I'd imagine the conditions will be very similar to those when he taught Alberto Martin a lesson. :)

Missed Monfils v Baghdatis, but Safin v Roddick is guaranteed to be a 5 set marathon ;)

The roof is closed at the moment in Vodafone and Rod Laver arena because there has been a slight drizzle, it is a very cool day today and Murrays match was postponed like 6hrs on Tuesday because of the extreme heat policy as it reached 41 degrees celcius and he was meant to be playing on Margaret Court Arena during the day but they moved him to Vodafone Arena later that night. Me and my mate went in on Tuesday to the Aus Open and we were gonna watch his match when he came on but all the outside courts got cancelled half way through the day but that wont happen today as its only 28 degrees.

Both Safins matches so far have gone to 5 sets so it will probably go to 5 again.

Edited by Bluenose5