Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Andy Murray has been one of the best things to happen to Scottish Sport in decades. Sure, his performances are erratic but he's just a young laddie playing a man's game.

Sometimes he says rash things but again he's young and inexperienced. Mind you, tennis is an individual sport and the personalities of the players are a key factor in its appeal to the wider public. It's not a bad thing to have a brash new kid on the block.

I cannot remember the last time Scotland had a serious contender on the world tennis circuit. We are probably talking decades ago. All Scots should rejoice in this young talent and back him to the hilt. After all, we will probably never see his like again.

'That was a party political broadcast on behalf of the Scottish National Party. Now on BBC Three, Dog Borstal......' :P

I agree about the lad though, he's exciting and tenacious. Brad Gilbert has improved him massively already and i can see him winning a Grand Slam one day.

Guest thefamousphilosifer

At the moment, then he'll have 1215pts( minus 450pts plus 150pts), Murray has 1415(minus 35pts plus 150), if Hewitt beats Gasquet( which is a tricky match) tonight he'll have 1315. Hewitt needs to therefore make the semi's(that would give him 1515) at least to stay above Murray. If Murray beats Davydenko,he'll move to 1515pts as well.

I think that's correct :unsure:

Andy Roddick beat Hewitt in the QFs this morning, so Murray will move above Hewitt when the new World Ranking come out, which is Monday I think :unsure:

• 4 months later...

Me and my mate were going to watch him today at Margaret Court Arena as he was scheduled in to play there in the last match for that court but when we were watching the Nalbandian game on MCA all games were postponed because of the Extreme Heat Policy in place so Murrays game ended up being switched to Vodafone Arena and not started till much later on <_<

Edited by Bluenose5