Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

I've seen our club coach do that, but not off a dipping passing shot and at his toes. I also know he practices it a lot. It's incredibly difficult, that's what makes that shot so unbelievably good.

Helps he's pretty much the best player in Scotland I guess.

I've seen our club coach do that, but not off a dipping passing shot and at his toes. I also know he practices it a lot. It's incredibly difficult, that's what makes that shot so unbelievably good.

lol what?

Because Andy lives in London ?

Initials either AM or BB? The former I'm hoping you mean...

Initials either AM or BB? The former I'm hoping you mean...

AM.

Ironically enough replaced BB as coach. Never thought very highly of him to be honest. And yes I was, it wasn't worded very well.

Aye he's a class above any player in the country not currently trying to make it.

Yeah some of the things he does when barely trying are damn good. Plays for our club when he's free, wouldn't want to face him that's for sure.

I'm now wondering how you know him. Play or watched?

Played him a fair few times, doubles only thankfully. Have halved a couple (in part to his partner) but mainly defeats convincingly. Used to coach me when I was much younger too.

Good effort. I'm not sure how seriously he takes the doubles at times, but it's still a really good standard up there. Some of the matches I've seen up in Division 1 have been excellent.

With Federer losing early Murray is guaranteed to be seeded second for the ATP finals, and with a 710 point lead over Federer he is looking very likely to end the year as number two in the world.

Gasquet used to give Murray all kinds of problems with his backhand but he seems to be able to cope with it a lot better recently. They have been in some epic matches over the years most notable at Wimbledon and the French Open. Gasquet hasn't beat him on hard courts since 2007. Coincidentally that was also in the Paris Masters at the QF stage. That result ended his hopes for ATP Finals qualification for the first time.

Murray read Goffin's serve easily today, Goffin couldn't do anything much with Murray's. It was an absolute tennis clinic today.