Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

He took apart just about every aspect of Nadal's game while playing very solid tennis. Well deserved.

Nadal has to win in Madrid and hope that Nishikori and Berdych both have nightmares to make it back in to the top four before the French Open. That isn't likely, so we could see Nadal, have to get past Djokovic as early as the QF. He could also potentially fall out of the top eight but it would mean an early exit and either Wawrinka or Cilic winning.

Some lad, this Murray. He's played some great tennis for the last couple of weeks, which he's never done in the buildup to RG before, and was particularly excellent today. People will say Nadal had a bad game because of the unforced errors, but many of them were because of the amazing variety and depth of shots that Murray was launching at him.

I think he plays Rome, but I can't see it being as successful a campaign as Madrid, because there will be a part of Andy that doesn't want to tire himself out before a Slam.

He took apart just about every aspect of Nadal's game while playing very solid tennis. Well deserved.

Nadal has to win in ROME and hope that Nishikori and Berdych both have nightmares to make it back in to the top four before the French Open. That isn't likely, so we could see Nadal, have to get past Djokovic as early as the QF. He could also potentially fall out of the top eight but it would mean an early exit and either Wawrinka or Cilic winning.

FTFY

Cheers John Lamies Doos was still half asleep.

I think he will play Rome. It is at sea level and more in line with a Roland Garros court. His possible route would be Chardy, Tsonga, Ferrer, Djokovic and Federer/Nadal (according to seeding). So there is plenty of variation in his opponents there, and taking a great clay court player like Ferrer out would only do wonders for his belief. I would be very intrigued to see a Djokovic Murray match up on clay. The last time they played on clay was a cracking match in Rome when Novak was on his winning streak in 2011.

Novak has an interesting draw. Almagro, Bautista-Agut, Nishikori, Murray, Nadal/Federer (according to seeding)..