Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

The day before there was some interesting comments regarding the bad line calls and scheduling. Roger Federer in response to the bad calls said "we need a clown for this circus". After Murray had lost his serve he yelled a massive "f**k". He was given a warning for swearing. he tuirned and said to the umpire "do you think any kids are up at this time?" Comedy from both.

:lol:

I like Federer's outbursts. Goes against all the "oh Roger is so perfect" shite in the media. When in reality he's a ruthless, arrogant b*****d that absolutely hates losing. Which makes perfect sense for a guy who has dominated his sport.

:lol:

I like Federer's outbursts. Goes against all the "oh Roger is so perfect" shite in the media. When in reality he's a ruthless, arrogant b*****d that absolutely hates losing. Which makes perfect sense for a guy who has dominated his sport.

He was absolutely rattled at Monfils in a match at the end of the year as well. Outburst after outburst and Monfils just started hamming it up to the crowd. A good outburst makes the match more interesting. You're very correct with the ruthless and arrogant part. He will rarely concede a point and his compliments to players with a twinge of bitterness are always funny. I would love Nadal to beat his slam record just to see him be a seething mess.

Murray's one to Rosol was pretty shite but cutting, something like you're shite and no one on tour likes you.

Murray was excellent. He neutralised Nishikori without even serving as well as he has in previous matches. I thought he would have to be flawless on serve as Nishikori stats on return have been better than Novak and Murray recently. However Nishikori's serve and return were very poor (partly due to Murray's first serve being fantastic) and Murray was able to contain him well. Some lovely drop shots by both, but Nishikori's touch is a joy to watch.

The big test will be tomorrow. Nadal seems to be finding his form with his old racquet. Should be a very good match and Nadal Vs Murray normally gets the best out of both players if they both play well. I am going for Murray to shock the world.

Got laughed at for saying this before but it's not outwith the realms of possibility that Andy might win a French.

You'd only need an injury/shock defeat to rafa or novak and the draw could completely open up for him.

Got laughed at for saying this before but it's not outwith the realms of possibility that Andy might win a French.

You'd only need an injury/shock defeat to rafa or novak and the draw could completely open up for him.

I have always said he would have a small chance to win a French Open. Not sure he could go four or five hours with Nadal or Djokovic though, but they could meet earlier this year (quarter finals) and the winner could be very fatigued going into a potential semi clash.

Tim Henman had a great chance to win the French Open, so if he had a great chance a chance may present itself.

He has said that he is now pain free (back wise) from playing on the dirt. This greatly hindered his movement on the clay. The likes of Nishikori and Dimitrov could also potentially shock Nadal or Djokovic. Gulbis didn't have the mental toughness to really press Djokovic on clay last year. I really believe the more Djokovic wants to win the French, the more he will error in his anxious moments.

I was gonna mention Henman getting to the semi but it really was a different era then.

Yeah that is very true. Knowing that you could possibly play an opponent that has never beaten you to win a slam got to Henman a bit. Set up and looking comfortable, the occasion got to him a bit I think. I don't know why but I would have absolutely loved him to win the French.

He will need a good bit of luck for that too happen. But he seems to be playing some very decent stuff just now.