Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Top seed for the 250 BMW Open in Munchen this week. Potential for his first ever clay title on the pro tour.

Murray will face German qualifier Mischa Zverev in his opening match after Zverev beat Jan-Lennard Struff 7-6 3-6 6-4 in the first round.

That match will take place on Thursday but Murray will be on court Tomorrow as he is in the doubles.

Murray is partnering Dutchman Jean-Julien Rojer and their first match is against the number 3 seeds Raven Klaasen & Lukas Rosol.

Andy Murray/(J. Rojer) also won his doubles match today against Junaid/Shamasdin 6-2 6-2 and will play Alexander Peya / Bruno Soares next who are the number 1 seeds.

Jamie Murray/(John Peers) lost his doubles match against Mischa Zverev (& his brother Alexander) who Andy beat in the singles.

Called it and was shot down on this thread.

Will be great for his CV if he wins

Were you really shot down? I think most agreed with you and I said that he didn't really care for the clay tournament win. I certainly think he is using this to get games on the clay before the Masters events and the French Open rather than pining for his first win on clay. Certainly would give him confidence going into the Masters event in Madrid. Novak has pulled out of Madrid (he hates the rather hostile Spanish crowd) so Murray will be seeded number two. A nice draw could see him pick up a lot of points.

The best clay court player got knocked out today. Fognini who has beat Nadal twice on clay this year already got absolutely horsed by Thiem. Bautista-Agut should be Andy's opponent in the semi. You would think he wouldn't have much trouble with Rosol but he quite often redlines for a few games, which could see him take a set and end up a break. Although his power is somewhat neutralised on the clay surface.

Nope.. not really :lol:

:lol: I couldn't remember you being totally shot down. I didn't think he'd ever enter a 250 event on clay though. His first ever is Munich.

Not the worst draw in the world for Murray in Madrid.

He is drawn to face Raonic in the QF, Nishikori in the SF. Nadal in the other half. Some tough matches to start with though. Potential matches with the two guys he took to five sets in last years French Open, Kohlschreiber and Monfils.

Today's play was wiped out with rain. So he could potentially play twice tomorrow in Munich if he was to beat Rosol.

He looked like he was happy to lose until Rosol barged him at the end of the first set. Murray even told Rosol that he didn't like him and no one else likes him either! Angry Murray then routined him in the next two sets.

Murray wins both his singles matches today to book his place in the final and he awaits the winner of Philipp Kohlschreiber - Gerald Melzer which is currently 1 set all.

Murray is also currently playing in the doubles but has just lost the 1st set 6-3.

It's scheduled to start about 12.15pm. I don't think any TV channel has rights to the tournament so it would be a case of using a Tennis TV subscription or finding a stream online.

It's scheduled to start about 12.15pm. I don't think any TV channel has rights to the tournament so it would be a case of using a Tennis TV subscription or finding a stream online.

Might get it via bet365 stream