Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Djokovic sure showed him in that in the US Open Final!

It's great to see the self hating Scots despising anyone with talent, if only Murray was English he'd be a hero instead of a beacon for anti Scots prejudice.

Lol :) He showed real resolve to win the us open as if he had lost the last three sets he would have never come back from it.

Just great to see a British player challenging to be the best in the world ;)

The boos he receives every year at Wimbledon are deafening.

It's online cowards mostly.

But, yes, the crowd gave English gentleman a lot more support - despite being a vastly inferior player.

That much is true as Henman was the chosen one, however following his golden summer Murray's popularity has rocketed.

Even before last summer Murray was a demonstrably superior player to Henman.

So why was he so hated? His nationality, clearly.

Even before last summer Murray was a demonstrably superior player to Henman.

No a lot of people disliked Murray because they believed he lacked personality and because of the abe comment.

I have always thought he was just your average guy who disliked interviews and being on camera etc but have always found him quite likeable.

Tim Henman of course being enormously popular in Scotland....

Amongst tennis fans in the UK both are very popular, and have always been. The English tennis fans will identify more with Henman, and the Scottish fans do with Murray. There's nothing wrong with this.

Andy Murray is a hugely popular sportsman in the UK.

Take your childish nonsense off to a thread where it belongs, and leave this one for the tennis people.

Off you pop....

Edited by H_B

Tim Henman of course being enormously popular in Scotland....

Amongst tennis fans in the UK both are very popular, and have always been. The English tennis fans will identify more with Henman, and the Scottish fans do with Murray. There's nothing wrong with this.

Andy Murray is a hugely popular sportsman in the UK.

Take your childish nonsense off to a thread where it belongs, and leave this one for the tennis people.

Off you pop....

He was, yeah. Much more popular than Murray in England, not even close.

And nah I think I'll stay. What is funny is the idea that you have any kind of authority to tell people to leave threads.

It's always very telling when, on being asked to provide evidence to support a ludicrous assertion, that the poster then demands the questioner provide evidence to the contrary.

"The Earth is ruled by shape shifting aliens"

"Really, interesting claim...any evidence to support that?"

"Uhhh... find me evidence that the world isn't ruled by shape shifting aliens. See, you can't"

Oh no, HE'S POSTING IN CAPS.

I'm not going trawling through this thread to find out whether or not you have something which remotely backs up your nonsensical claim.

I have - and that is why it is not nonsensical. There are newspaper articles imploring English people to not support Murray - there was never ever anything of the sort for Henmen. Murray has been a beacon for anti Scots prejudice.

Murray has pulled put of the Swiss indoor due to a back injury.

Yeah I seen that, I don't think he is ever active in this week. He pulled out last year and didn't commit to any tournament the year before that.

It could get quite interesting in the rankings over the next few months before the Australian Open. Federer has at least 3000 points to defend, while Djokovic never made it out of the groups in the end of season and only made the quarters in the Paris Masters. Djokovic I would make favourite to be number 1. Murray gained no ranking points last year at the End of Season Tournament and also only made the quarters, so if Federer has a bad couple of tournaments and Murray finishes strongly he could be world number 2.

The interesting anomoly is Rafa Nadal. With no definite comeback from his injury he will continue to lose ranking points if Ferrer finishes the season extremely strongly he could potentially overtake Nadal before the Australian Open. If so when the seedings are done Nadal could be fifth seed. In the event Andy Murray was second seed, he could potentially avoid Federer, Djokovic and Nadal until the final. Or face two of the three in his half. Although that scenario is practically nil as Ferrer would probably need to win the Paris Masters and the O2 and Nadal would delay his comeback until the Australian.

However if Nadal's comeback is delayed even longer, come the clay season he will quickly fall down the rankings.