Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Does anyone remember a Monty Python sketch where a race of aliens who

looked like blancmanges, came to Earth to win Wimbledon?

They turned all the tennis players into Scotsmen as they were world's worst tennis players.

IN YOUR FACE MONTY !

MON ANDY

• 1 month later...

Safely thorugh to the 3rd round of the Canada Masters after a 6-1 6-3 win over Francis Ford Coppola.

Pretty routine in the end. The Italian doesn't have any big weapons and is like a really, really shit version of Murray - just gets the ball back into play and waits for the error. Which of course never came. Murray had to save a few break points though. Not due to the Italian though, down to Murray shanking numerous forehands into the net going for winners.

It's on Sky Sports.

He plays Raonic next, should be a good match with him being a home a favourite and being hyped as 'the next generation'. Never been that impressed with him when I've seen hin but it's hard to tell what condition Murray will be in, Cipolla was like a practice match for Murray so can't really take much from that.

Yeah a tricky tie but if he plays anything above average he should see him off. Querry has beaten Murray once (their last encounter) in five meetings and has failed to take a set off him in the other matches. Querry had a good win against Melzer, but I think Murray would be reasonably happy facing either opponent.

Is Nadal missing Cincy? he must be touch and go for the US Open. I would imagine he will still compete, however a good month for Murray and he could finally be ranked above Nadal for the first time in his career.

Yeah sad news on Nadal. He will lose 1320 points from his ranking so Murray should go third by the time the US Open is over. Murray will be number three seed in the draw.

With tendonitis the only cure is rest. As Nadal is missing the US Open there is no point in rushing back at all. With an aim to be back for the End of Season Finals or be looking to be 100% ready for the Australian.

The thing is people will go what a cancer now for Murray. Actually nothing changed, he wouldn't have been in Nadals half of the draw anyway, so still needs to beat the too 2 assumin they both go through. Not that I care much about Nadal, in not a big fan so tbh the longer he's out the better in my eyes, he's just an obstacle in Murrays path.

Still I think Murray could seriously make inroads into pulling away from Nadal an closing in te other 2. Which is surely the aim behind winning a major. He's not overly far off it either, compared to how far he's been in recent times.

Yeah sad news on Nadal. He will lose 1320 points from his ranking so Murray should go third by the time the US Open is over. Murray will be number three seed in the draw.

Dont forget Andy defending 1000 points this week and may have to beat Del Potro, Djokovic and Federer to do this.

Dont forget Andy defending 1000 points this week and may have to beat Del Potro, Djokovic and Federer to do this.

Yes good point. But he may only have to beat one of them like he did last year. And I made an error, you lose 1200 points for a final place not 1320. Don't know where I got that from. Nadal will lose 180 from this tournament. So he is guaranteed to drop 1380 points. This will put him on 7515. Murray has to defend 1720 points. This will put him on 6480. So he needs to earn 1035 points in Cincy and US Open to go ahead of Nadal for the first time in his career. It certainly is achievable.

Widge: I take it you meant canter and not cancer!