Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Tickets for the Davis Cup purchased ... really looking forward to it.

Quite glad in a way Murray isn't playing. I wouldn't bother asking him in the future to be honest, even if he is available rarely.

We'll lose 3-2.

Did you enjoy it today?

I thought both games were good but both Belgian players were a class above.

Still, Evans was unlucky not to win the third set against a guy 285 places (I think) better off than him.

Actually I ended up having to work yesterday, so gave my tickets to a mate.

Just heading off in 10 mins for the doubles today, which we will win.

I thought Dan Evans was excellent again yesterday. He really needs to look at how he is struggling in these Futures events week in week out, losing to dross. If he'd nicked that 3rd set tie break he'd have won I think. Really unlucky with that forehand down the line which missed by a quarter of a millimetre. Still that's tennis!

Atmosphere looked great again - nice to see the wee pocket of Belgians at the front too - very colourful!

Edited by H_B

Great effort from Hutchins and Fleming after a slow start. I think they definitely felt the pressure of favouritism...

Professional job in the end though. Lovely game of doubs.

Interesting.... no Rochus today, but Goffin making his singles debut.

Should still walk all over Goodall, but gives us the slimmest of chances. Shame that the injury to Jimmy Ward might have made the difference in this tie. With him fit and playing well, 3-2 might not have been beyond us.

He got yet another walkover today, as Benneteau fell on his wrist in Monte-Carlo. That's quite a few in the last couple of tournaments. Although from what I saw of his last round and the brief period on court, he is playing really well on the clay and at times was producing simply rediculous shots, especially one where he player 10+ shots with a broken string (effectively played squash).

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd add to this thread to say Andy Murray is an absolute gent.

I'm currently in Rome with my girlfriend and noticed on yon twitter that Andy Murray had recommended a restaurant. Seeing as it isn't far from where we are staying we decided to go.

Half way through the meal Andy Murray walked in, and the missus shouts to him as he walks past ohh what a coincidence etc etc we are only here cos u recommended it blah blah. I'm mortified at this point saying let the boy have his tea in peace etc. but, give him his dues, he stood and had a wee chat with us about his game tomorrow etc. Anyway, this is the shite part of the story so I'll get to the point....

About ten minutes later he wanders back over to our table (interrupting ma fuckin' dinner!) and offers us tickets for the match tomorrow. Some guy. Hope to see him leather Nalbandian now!

Great thread.

Bit off topic, but I'm considering a few days in Paris to catch the start of the French Open, and hopefully Andy's matches. Anyone know of a decent hotel, motel, or the like, near Roland Garros? A recommendation?

Cheers

Edited by Danish Pastry

He'll beat Gasquet in 5 sets, he always does. I know he lost to him recently, but the Andy Murray in a grand slam is a very different animal. He ups hi game, maybe not by a lot, but enough.

• 1 month later...

Quarter-final exit then ? can't see him beating Ferrer in his current form. Maybe even gasquet in the fourth rouind ?

Typical unfounded negativity ;)