Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Guest Twynholm

Mr Patriotic is obviously still swigging our national drink - Buckfast :lol:

You cant buy Buckie here ;) And WTF is up with the MOTD "tribute" to engurland :o

You cant buy Buckie here ;) And WTF is up with the MOTD "tribute" to engurland :o

I'm no watching it but I guess that they are saying "what would've happened if Rooney hadn't got sent off". Well they were playing for penalties so the same thing I would guess :blink:

Guest Twynholm

Did he really just say that?

Casper and Dubya rule. Thank f**k i have some folk to back me up.

Now sing with me "Lets all laugh at england............" :)

I can't see how other people can't back the national team, no wonder we are such a shit team if we can't even rely on the backing of our own countryfolk. I feel it's just wrong not to support Scotland if your Scottish. Now lets all laugh at England :lol:

Guest Twynholm

I can't see how other people can't back the national team, no wonder we are such a shit team if we can't even rely on the backing of our own countryfolk. I feel it's just wrong not to support Scotland if your Scottish. Now lets all laugh at England :lol:

LETS ALL LAUGH AT ENGERLAND NA NA NA NA :D

Thought this was an Andy Murray topic but what do you know :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Think if Murray wants to support England's opponents thats fair enough the majority of Scots including myself do. But I dont think it was a particualarly wise thing to broadcast in terms of public support.

I noticed today for example a lot of people where supporting Roddick compared to the amount of backing Murray usually gets on centre court.

Being Scottish in my opinion is not being Anti-English

Guest Twynholm

Joaquin or Christian Dailly........Difficult choice :blink:

You sir are a twat. Would you say all this too the hardcore Scotland fans or are you just a keyboard gansta ;) The later i think

Thought this was an Andy Murray topic but what do you know :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Think if Murray wants to support England's opponents thats fair enough the majority of Scots including myself do. But I dont think it was a particualarly wise thing to broadcast in terms of public support.

I noticed today for example a lot of people where supporting Roddick compared to the amount of backing Murray usually gets on centre court.

Being Scottish in my opinion is not being Anti-English

They are all fannies and can't get to grips with the fact that he doesn't want to support there shitty bottlers that are the English national team. He doesn't need there support by the looks of it. I'm loving his saltire band aswell B)

You sir are a twat. Would you say all this too the hardcore Scotland fans or are you just a keyboard gansta ;) The later i think

Hardcore Scotland fans? That'll be the rugby crew - they're pure mental :lol:

Joaquin or Christian Dailly........Difficult choice :blink:

No real argument against that, sorry, you seem to be talking in a different language to me. I support Scotland because I am Scottish, regardless of ability.

Why don't you support Barcelona/Chelsea/Juventus instead of Clyde if that's your thinking?

Ronaldinho/Shevchenko/Nedved or *insert mediocre Clyde player here*........difficult choice :blink:

Guest Twynholm

No real argument against that, sorry, you seem to be talking in a different language to me. I support Scotland because I am Scottish, regardless of ability.

Why don't you support Barcelona/Chelsea/Juventus instead of Clyde if that's your thinking?

Ronaldinho/Shevchenko/Nedved or *insert mediocre Clyde player here*........difficult choice :blink:

McHale or Ronaldhino? Now whos talking shite :)

Looks like I've got four pages of the following nonsense coming up, and I can't be arsed reading it - just to pick up on a few things though.....

Boom, boom, what a fanny you are, feeling the need to put that in bold. :lol:

I clearly heard the commentators state "The Scot", "The boy from Dunblane", "Scotlands Andy Murray", "The young Scot", over and over again to keep eejits like you happy.

May I also add that he's not actually Scotlands hope, he's Great Britains hope. He represents GBR. :P

No he doesn't. At Wimbledon, Andy Murray represents Andy Murray. In the Davis Cup, he's British because it's a team sport, but in Grand Slam and ATP tournaments, he could just as well say he's representing the street he lives on as he could with Britain. ;)

But now Walter is in charge we have a CHANCE for Euro 2008

MON THE SCOTS

Erm, tennis thread ;)

As for the match today (getting it back to tennis, and not a debate on the qualities of various international footballers), Murray proved today that he has the talent to beat the very best in a Grand Slam environment. His next round match is very winnable, but Baghdatis will feel the same way about it - it's in the quarter final that the real test arrives in the shape of either Lleyton Hewitt or David Ferrer. IMO the only thing that can hold Andy back is his fitness - his attitude isn't necesarrily a bad thing, as it can really help to fire him up, and is my favourite aspect in his game (in the same way that I really like Hewitt's "temper" on the court), but I'd still doubt his capabilities to handle a five set match at the moment.

The strange thing though is that there is no reason why Andy can't reach the final this year - Baghdatis is beatable on any surface, never mind grass, he's beaten Hewitt in an ATP final before, and then he'd have Nadal in the semi on the Spaniard's weakest surface. The kid has the belief and the talent, and he seems to have luck on his side. Ideally, he'll need to avoid a five set marathon or two in the run-in, but he's got to believe after today that he can beat anyone on his day :)

Well done Andy, bring on Baghdatis :D

Guest Twynholm

No he doesn't. At Wimbledon, Andy Murray represents Andy Murray. In the Davis Cup, he's British because it's a team sport, but in Grand Slam and ATP tournaments, he could just as well say he's representing the street he lives on as he could with Britain. ;)

Ha ha. Never argue with Coddy :rolleyes: