Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

That shot was fantastic. That was an epic match to watch - if only it was a 5 set match and not a 3!

To be honest, i would give Tsonga zero chance against Murray of winning a grass court match over 5 sets.

It was obvious at Wimbledon last year, where Tsonga was arguably the better player for a set and a half that the longer the match went, the less likely he was to win it. His fitness is nowhere near good enough and his body is made of putty.

To be honest, i would give Tsonga zero chance against Murray of winning a grass court match over 5 sets.

It was obvious at Wimbledon last year, where Tsonga was arguably the better player for a set and a half that the longer the match went, the less likely he was to win it. His fitness is nowhere near good enough and his body is made of putty.

Was just meaning I was enjoying the game in particular Murray starting to hit top form so would have loved to see one more set.

Tsonga's a flashy player himself. Who gives a crap?

I suppose when a Scot wins something there's always got to be something to get yourselves all hot and bothered about though.

It did look like the players were interested in giving the crowd a show today, and it was definately a cracking show from both men.

I've seen loads of players doing that shot btw. I remember when Federer did it to Djokovic. Funnily enough, I can't remember Djokovic being angry. Probably because he isn't a loser and appreciates the skill it took.

Tsonga's a flashy player himself. Who gives a crap?

I suppose when a Scot wins something there's always got to be something to get yourselves all hot and bothered about though.

Who's getting all hot and bothered about it? everyone seems to be more impressed about the shot than bothered about him being a cocky little shit for doing it.

I thought the BBC report sounded quite indignant, calling it "outrageous, and completely unnecessary."

However they also said - 'And that is one of the finest tennis shots I've ever seen! The keen footballer lets an outstretched Tsonga return drift through his open legs before bringing the racquet round to lift a deftly-angled volley across the net on a silver platter. Incredible. Moments like that are so rare in sport.', which is hardly indignant.

People will obviously have different opinions, I have no doubt some people wont like it, but they are probably the same people who have a go at him for being boring and having no personality on the court. There's so much pressure on players these days, in all sports not just tennis, so there seems to be less and less showboating, so it's great to see when players do it, especially top players.

People will obviously have different opinions, I have no doubt some people wont like it, but they are probably the same people who have a go at him for being boring and having no personality on the court.

Exactly - that's why I like showboating - it's entertainment. And it was at 40-0.

I disagree with the commentary though. After watching it, it's not as impressive as I expected. I'd have thought most players on tour could do that.