Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Except... he never said that! :rolleyes:

Indeed.

What he did infact say was that, being a typical Scot, he would support anyone playing against the English and would be wearing a Paraguay shirt when they played England. Not quite the same as saying he hates "the English".

One person posted about Dunblane, a total scumbag no doubt but just one person.

One person battered the disabled England fan, a total scumbag no doubt but just one person.

Well your adopting the "just one person" attitude so why don't we?

Indeed.

What he did infact say was that, being a typical Scot, he would support anyone playing against the English and would be wearing a Paraguay shirt when they played England. Not quite the same as saying he hates "the English".

He also said later in an interview (after criticism of those comments) that he said it for a joke after Tim Henman had been winding him up about wearing an England shirt for the games and Scotland not being there. He didn't realise that people wouldn't "get" his dry wit.

Whether you believe that or think it's backtracking to tone down the first comment (I tend to believe him) doesn't matter much. He certainly never said he hates the English.

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

Was just reading some of the comments on Andy's blog and I came across this one

LJ

June 29th, 2006 at 11:01 am

"Why should the Scottish support England - because we own you. Scotland is a shabby bit of real estate we can’t offload. Once we have used up your oil we’ll cut the rope and stop the gravy train. Still you Scots can always rely on your other industries like…………. um…. um drinking and shouting"

Surely it's not the LJ :o:unsure:

The responses on that blog from English people are embarrassing.

But remember Sam, it's us Scots that are the "backward nation", and the "racists". :)

I'm not the least bit bothered what our Southern neighbours happen to think of Andy Murray, and hopefully he doesn't worry too much about it, either.

I'm not a huge tennis fan, but I like to see him do well - unlike a lot of tennis players (e.g. Henman) he seems to have a bit of attitude and "bite" to him - so, g'on yersel' Andy, concentrate on your game and let the bitter w**kers wallow in their own inadequacy :)

Is he not starting soon today? I don't have a TV in the office so I dunno if it's raining or what but I heard he was supposed to start at 3, yet Livescore.com has nothing yet.

I'm not the least bit bothered what our Southern neighbours happen to think of Andy Murray, and hopefully he doesn't worry too much about it, either.

I'm not a huge tennis fan, but I like to see him do well - unlike a lot of tennis players (e.g. Henman) he seems to have a bit of attitude and "bite" to him - so, g'on yersel' Andy, concentrate on your game and let the bitter w**kers wallow in their own inadequacy :)

Is he not starting soon today? I don't have a TV in the office so I dunno if it's raining or what but I heard he was supposed to start at 3, yet Livescore.com has nothing yet.

He's on next on Centre Court - currently James Blake leads Max Mirnyi by 2 sets to 1 on there, but Mirnyi has a break of serve in the fourth.

Nice one, cheers :)

I have Blake/Mirnyi up on Livescore - looks like Mirnyi could be clawing it back but it's hard to tell just from looking at the numbers.

He is next on centre, after the match in progress has completed. Fourth set being played now. ;)

Nice one, cheers :)

I have Blake/Mirnyi up on Livescore - looks like Mirnyi could be clawing it back but it's hard to tell just from looking at the numbers.

Looking like it's going to a final set - typical that Murray will clash with the football :lol:

Who do you think will win this current game?

Bookies seem to think that Blake's still the clear favourite.

Mirnyi :P:lol:

In all seriousness, I couldn't have called it at the end of the third set, but then Blake lost all ability to hold his serve. Mirnyi looks like he'll cause a lot of the top seeds problems, which is nice.

Murray has just broken in the 4th set, at 2 games to 1 :)

Was just reading some of the comments on Andy's blog and I came across this one

LJ

June 29th, 2006 at 11:01 am

"Why should the Scottish support England - because we own you. Scotland is a shabby bit of real estate we can’t offload. Once we have used up your oil we’ll cut the rope and stop the gravy train. Still you Scots can always rely on your other industries like…………. um…. um drinking and shouting"

Surely it's not the LJ :o:unsure:

lol

English drink problem