Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

I'd well go along and watch, but I imagine Clyde will be playing on the Saturday and the tie will be won by the Sunday :unsure:

Might need to skip uni to go on the Friday :lol:

Edited to say: These ties usually fall on holidays :D

Yeah, there will be league games on the Saturday, but I'd love to see the three days of action, especially when Scotland featuring Rusedski, Sherwood and Bogdanovic (I'm not supporting Britain! :lol: ) always do things the hard way :P

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets on sale now for the Davis Cup tie at Braehead. Go along and see for yourself what all the fuss is about with Andy Murray.

Can't afford to be buying tickets this close to Christmas - absolutely gutted :(

• 4 weeks later...

OK, this isn't about Andy Murray, but it's tennis, so I'm not starting a new thread.

Does anyone know any sites where I'll get live updates preferably point-by-point from the ATP Qatar ExxonMobil Open or whatever it is? Or can some kind-hearted soul have a quick swatch at Eurosport and tell me how Monsieur Monfils is getting on? Cheers :)

Edited by Peterhead Dave

OK, this isn't about Andy Murray, but it's tennis, so I'm not starting a new thread.

Does anyone know any sites where I'll get live updates preferably point-by-point from the ATP Qatar ExxonMobil Open or whatever it is? Or can some kind-hearted soul have a quick swatch at Eurosport and tell me how Monsieur Monfils is getting on? Cheers :)

The official ATP site provides updates, although not point-by-point.

Monfils won the first set 6-2 and the second stands at 3-4.

Click on updated scores

Edited by MB

Each tournament will have it's own website, and most of them have a live scoreboard on the go.

There's good link HERE, which gives you links to all the official sites of the tournaments being played during the week. It's also an excellent site for statty stuff like rankings and historical results.

The official site for the tourney is gash and had no live scoreboard. Cheers for the link though :)

The dude won by the way, so I can thank Mr Hill for some money :D

Edit: Never noticed MB's reply. Cheers for that, never noticed that link on the ATP site :)

Edited by Peterhead Dave

• 4 months later...
Guest Spanky Rodriguez

Is it actually on the telly by the way? :unsure:

I know that the French Open is on Eurosport but i'm not sure if they are showing Britain's young tennis hope. I suppose it will depend wether or not he's on one of the major courts :)

2 sets to 1 up over Monfils in the French Open at the moment after losing the first set. :)

Mon Andy, get it right up the English commentators. :lol:

Is it actually on the telly by the way? :unsure:

British Eurosport and BBC Interactive have it.

I'm watching it on Eurosport - from looking like a guaranteed 5 set (probably 5 hour match), Monfils threw away the third set, even after Murray twice needing the trainer to look at a back injury.

Both players playing good "defensive tennis", but Murray's looked slightly more confident going for shots.

I suppose it will depend wether or not he's on one of the major courts :)

He's on the Philip Chatrier court, which is the main court at Rolland Garros - Monfils is a local favourite, you see :)

At deuce in the 4th set (1 game all), Monfils has argued a line call and is getting booed by the home crowd! Murray now has the French support against a Frenchman!

edit - At which point, Monfils questioned an Andy Murray shot which was called out, saying it was on the line. He got the break of serve, and the crowd are back on side :lol:

Edited by codfish

Murray's fitness is becoming embarrassing now.

I said to the guy next to me after the tie break that he would retire in the fourth with an injury.

Then 30 seconds later I saw he had called for the trainer. He will definitely lose now and should be dragged to a Russian Army camp to get some fitness beaten into him.

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

Isn't Murray roughly the same age as Nadal? Nadal is muscular as buggery and built like a brick shithouse whilst Murray looks like a little schoolboy in his PE kit. He should spend more time in the gym and less time moaning about being called English :)

Murrays meant to be going pish now, is he?

Match was over in the first game of the third set when he asked for the trainer.

In fact it was probably over after the end of the second set. I knew when it had taken them 2 hours to play 2 sets physically he would crumble later on.

Dont know why he didnt retire earlier - was pointless playing that last set.