Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Does anyone know, if Andy makes it to the quarter-final, which day that would be? Just I'm hoping to go if it's on the Tuesday or Wednesday...

He's in the 4th quarter of the draw, so theoretically his quarter final should be one of the last ones, so I'd imagine it would be the Wednesday.

Just checked the ATP site, and the quarter finals are on the Wed/Thurs, with Murray's probably on the Thursday should he get there.

Ah right, so it'll be likely that he'll play his round of 16 game on Tuesday? You may have no way of telling, but do you happen to know (if he is playing on Tuesday) if it'll be in the day session or the evening session? I've just seen that you have to buy a ticket for one or the other. Also how can you tell what days he is playing, so I don't have to continually pester people on here?

Thank you for any help.

Ah right, so it'll be likely that he'll play his round of 16 game on Tuesday? You may have no way of telling, but do you happen to know (if he is playing on Tuesday) if it'll be in the day session or the evening session? I've just seen that you have to buy a ticket for one or the other. Also how can you tell what days he is playing, so I don't have to continually pester people on here?

Thank you for any help.

Tuesday will play the second half of the last 16 games, so it's likely that Murray, if still involved, will play then. Should be against Cilic which could be a pretty good match.

There's no way of telling, as far as I know, who will be playing day/night matches. By that stage, most of the top players will probably be scheduled for the night games, as that's the peak times in the States for viewing figures, but it's not certain.

If I were you, and was forced to choose now, I'd pick the Tuesday evening session.

That's as much help as I can be right now.

Could only follow the first 2 sets by text, but caught the last set, and ow! As ruthless a set of tennis as I've seen Andy play. He wasn't great on serve, but he knew exactly where Dent was weak, and capitalised. Dent looked to be a proper serve-volleying type, and seemed to be playing on half a court, so naturally, Murray hit an absolute stream of wicked, curving shots that landed in all the far corners of the court. Also, whenever Dent did stay back, Murray kept him running, before teasing him into the net, and then smacking the ball right to the back of the court, ruthless!

I don't know about the first two sets obviously, but there was none of the passive slicing Murray in that third set. I also appreciated his Scott Brown moment. He's 15-40 up, at 2-4 in the third set, knowing that all he has to do is win one point and hold one game to progress...but he obviously decides that Dent hasn't thought about it enough. So naturally, he suddenly needs a racquet change! :D

Murray loves playing against serve & volleyers, so I didn't think this would provide much opposition for him.

The next round will be a much sterner test. Cilic is a fine player, who's playing well right now. Should he get through that, he'll likely have Del Potro waiting in the quarters, and should that go fine, it should be either Nadal, Tsonga, or Gonzalez in the semis. I'd rather it was Nadal to be honest, as the other two are a nightmare for Murray to play against, whereas Nadal's fitness could be suspect by then.

And then the small matter of the Fed in the final. Probably. Although Djokovic is sailing through right now as the draw has been extremely kind. He could well reach the final.

Bottom line is that should Murray win it this year, he'll certainly have deserved it.