• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Bryan

Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

If a macth could sum up a career this might be it.  If he wins from here it is one of his finest moments.  He has not right to win.  He simply refuses to be beaten.  Even by his failing body. 

A legend.  A machine.  

4 hours ago, Adolfo Rios said:

If a macth could sum up a career this might be it.  If he wins from here it is one of his finest moments.  He has not right to win.  He simply refuses to be beaten.  Even by his failing body. 

A legend.  A machine.  

Exactly what I had thought. Even that hold from matchpoint down to make sure Batista Agut had to serve it out was as much down to his mental strength and determination to go out his own way than anything else.

Got to spare a thought for B-A as well. It was almost done fairly comfortably, then he must have been shiting himself at the start of the 5th when he was breakpoint down to a man who only has one working leg. To get through that and win, especially with the crowd no so much against him but fully behind his opponent, showed great mental strength of his own.

I always thought that the media just presumed Andy had announced his retirement when in actual fact he just said that he couldn’t continue indefinitely without having his Hip resurfaced. He now has 2 options:-

1.Take 4 and a half months off then prepare for Wimbledon, while playing through the pain. After Wimbledon he would have the Hip Resurfacing Operation but he’s adamant he will retire if waits until after Wimbledon to have it.

2. Have the Hip Resurfaced in the next couple of weeks. There is a chance that he wouldn’t be able to play again and wouldn’t be able to get one last Wimbledon, but, on the other side of the coin, if the operation had the desired effect he could possibly prolong his career by a few years while more importantly making him pain free.

I personally (and maybe selfishly)hope that he has the operation ASAP. Knowing the kind of mentality Andy Murray has I believe he will edge towards this option as well. I think there is a very good chance he’d get back to playing Tennis but I think my main concern would be if he could actually get close to moving at the required speed again.

I always thought that the media just presumed Andy had announced his retirement when in actual fact he just said that he couldn’t continue indefinitely without having his Hip resurfaced. He now has 2 options:-

1.Take 4 and a half months off then prepare for Wimbledon, while playing through the pain. After Wimbledon he would have the Hip Resurfacing Operation but he’s adamant he will retire if waits until after Wimbledon to have it.

2. Have the Hip Resurfaced in the next couple of weeks. There is a chance that he wouldn’t be able to play again and wouldn’t be able to get one last Wimbledon, but, on the other side of the coin, if the operation had the desired effect he could possibly prolong his career by a few years while more importantly making him pain free.

I personally (and maybe selfishly)hope that he has the operation ASAP. Knowing the kind of mentality Andy Murray has I believe he will edge towards this option as well. I think there is a very good chance he’d get back to playing Tennis but I think my main concern would be if he could actually get close to moving at the required speed again.

As much as I hope you’re right, I have to think he’d have come out and corrected the media if they were mistaken. I think I read he did say something to the Australian crowd about maybe not having seen the last of him though.

49 minutes ago, Donathan said:

As much as I hope you’re right, I have to think he’d have come out and corrected the media if they were mistaken. I think I read he did say something to the Australian crowd about maybe not having seen the last of him though.

I took that to mean today wasn't his last match, and he'd be at Wimbledon

I think he should have the operation now.  He won't get a more fitting end to his career if it was to end. At Wimbledon with the lower bounce he will put more pain on the right hip, so soldiering on to get one last hurrah, could do more damage.  He would have won that match today, if he had been more match fit or, his forehand was even of a top 20 player.

Movement was laboured but not that bad,  first serve was good, backhand good, Forehand nowhere near his usual standard.  Will to win, fighting spirit - still every bit as it always was.  The celebrations after winning each set, after thinking you had seen the end, had me in tears.

No matter what he deserves to end his career the way he wants to.  But if there is a chance that he could comeback, don't delay it.

While he was talking about the op in the post match interview I think a lot that was perhaps the adrenaline of what he had just been through. I think in the cold light of day he will realise that’s its over and try to rest up for Wimbledon.

I think deep down he knows even this op is a success he has very little chance of competing at the highest level again and he won’t want that.

While he was talking about the op in the post match interview I think a lot that was perhaps the adrenaline of what he had just been through. I think in the cold light of day he will realise that’s its over and try to rest up for Wimbledon.

I think deep down he knows even this op is a success he has very little chance of competing at the highest level again and he won’t want that.

I know what you mean but just to counter this argument we know that Andy loves competing and he takes pride in how hard he works. Maybe this is something he is really struggling to give up and if he has the Hip Resurfaced he may be determined to be the most successful person ever to play with a partly metal hip. Even winning an ATP 250 event would be a fantastic achievement.

I thought the same tbh. A lot will depend on how sore he is in the next few days. If he was still single I would be 100% sure he would have an op and try and come back, but as a dad with 2 young kids then part of him must be thinking if it is really worth all the hassle. He has nothing to prove to anyone, and he has to think of his long term health too.

The video they showed on the big screen after his interview could be an epic fail if he does somehow keep playing.

Imo the wee tear emoji and the "thanks for the memories" means he definitely won't be back at Melbourne, whatever else happens this year.

Bautista Agut at it again. Wins first two sets fairly easily then loses the 3rd and 4th. Had match points in the 4th set tie break but arsed it up.

His best points against the other members of the Big Four in ATP matches.