Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Mayer has an 8 match winning run in Davis Cup apparently.. Quite surprising. Its a pretty exciting Sunday in that match. Belgium could easily win both ties.

I'd play Hewitt as well. Tomic looked done after beating Evans and he's weak. Hewitt will love the crowd.. Playing his last ever Davis Cup match... Make Murray run a lot.. Worst case scenario for the Brits.

Can't wait to get there... Going to be immense.

I think Tomic has a better chance than Hewitt (although I don't think either have much of a chance). No doubt that Hewitt would deal well with the crowd, I just don't think he'd do well after a 4 hour match yesterday and against a much better player. When was the last time he beat a player in the top 10 out of interest?

Strange how Andy is on first as the second game will more than likely be for nothing ?!

Andy Always plays first on the Sunday as he wants the ranking points. For winning the Davis Cup playing and winning all singles rubbers nets you 625 points. Only a Masters win or Grand Slam semi final gets you more points. If Andy went second he might not get the opportunity to win the second match.

Hewitt last beat a top tenner last year when he beat Federer. Very surprised they never played Hewitt. I can't see Tomic doing much against Andy. If he starts slowly Tomic could capitalise, but he doesn't have the fight or consistency to finish him off. I would have elected for Hewitt everytime.

Andy Always plays first on the Sunday as he wants the ranking points. For winning the Davis Cup playing and winning all singles rubbers nets you 625 points. Only a Masters win or Grand Slam semi final gets you more points. If Andy went second he might not get the opportunity to win the second match.

Hewitt last beat a top tenner last year when he beat Federer. Very surprised they never played Hewitt. I can't see Tomic doing much against Andy. If he starts slowly Tomic could capitalise, but he doesn't have the fight or consistency to finish him off. I would have elected for Hewitt everytime.

Latest Australian Rankings -

1. Tomic 23
  2. Kyrgios 55
  3. Kokkanis 72
  4. Smith 111
  5. Ebden 133
  6. Thompson
  7. Saville 202
  8. Kubler 217
  9. Matosevic 233
  10. Bolt 258
  11. Jasika 276
  12. Hewitt 286

Latest British Rankings

1. Murray 3
  2. Bedene 55
  3. Edmunds 100
  4. Evans 300
Edited by Bishop Briggs

Latest Australian Rankings -

1. Tomic 23
  2. Kyrgios 55
  3. Kokkanis 72
  4. Smith 111
  5. Ebden 133
  6. Thompson
  7. Saville 202
  8. Kubler 217
  9. Matosevic 233
  10. Bolt 258
  11. Jasika 276
  12. Hewitt 286

And what's your point? Kokkanakis and Tomic are both out on the tour. Hewitt has only been accepting wild cards for around a year now (including wild cards into all Slams). Del Potro doesn't even have a world ranking, but if he was fit they (Argentina) would have him play as well.

Edited by Loki

Well done to the Scottish Davis Cup team.

Going to be funny if Andy and Jamie win the final. I doubt either of them(especially Andy) will ever elect to play Davis Cup ever again tbh.

They'd be having Ward/Evans/Edmund and Inglot playing every rubber. :lol::lol:

Euro/Africa zone II awaits.

Ha ha. Spot on