Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Evans serves really well for a guy of 5 foot 9.

I was thinking that earlier too.. gets a real pop on it.

Looks a really difficult serve to read - seems to have the same whippy action down the line or cross court.

Evans played pretty well from what I saw (missed the first two sets) and was probably just a bit short of playing tennis at ATP level. Considering the level he has been playing at he equipped himself very well. On that showing he can win a decisive rubber against Kokkanakis.

He played his best tennis in the majors he won and wasn't wearing gb colours? Fairly simple

His win at Wimbledon securing the Gold medal was probably the best tennis he has played. Federer was Wimbledon champion and number one in the world and looking invincible, Murray took him apart. That was in GB colours.

Well good for you.

Perfectly reasonable view.

Not one I share but each to their own.

I`m personally delighted a couple of Scots are key members of a successful British team.

I'm not, hope they get pumped rotten whilst playing under a butchers apron, if I was as good at tennis as Murray ( :lol: ) I'd refuse to play in it

Widge thinking because he plays club tennis he is an oracle on the subject is one of the most tragic things I've seen on here.

It's up for debate what his best performance has been so the point that he won two slams is obviously a completely valid retort to the claim he plays his best tennis in a GB top. I don't see where the confusion lies here tbh.

People who play tennis tend to know a lot more about the sport than people who don't. I've never met anybody who isn't a member of a tennis club who's knowledge and understanding of the game is anything but fucking appalling.