Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Haha he was atrocious. He also had his career worst performance at returning today by winning only 14% of points. That's John Isner standard. Someone couldn't be fucked playing I think!

That was grim. You could tell first game of the match he wasn't feeling it. He started doing that looping forehand he sometimes does that lands in the centre of the court, right in every professional male tennis players strike zone.

That was grim. You could tell first game of the match he wasn't feeling it. He started doing that looping forehand he sometimes does that lands in the centre of the court, right in every professional male tennis players strike zone.

He tanked that match. Horrible from him.

Speaking of Isner, is anyone else heading to the Davis Cup next weekend? I've got tickets for Friday and looking forward to it, will be the first time I've seen Murray play in the flesh (as long as he doesn't play like he did against Coric!)

I'm not really a fan of the Davis Cup hence why I never bought tickets when they came out. But I am to be in Glasgow next weekend so would have quite liked to have went.

I see the team is Ward, Inglot and the Murray brothers. The US team is Isner, Young and the Bryan Brothers. The key to the tie is the Young-Ward match up, if that goes GB way I can't see us losing. Two singles victories on the Friday would mean that Andy Murray wouldn't have to be risked in the doubles.

I looked at them and other than the family tickets they were ridiculously overpriced when you might end up with James Ward and A.N.Other.

It's not like the Americans have any top players either, I wasn't willing to take the gamble although I do wish I was going now. :lol:

Managed to get tickets a while back. It's probably the only chance I'll get to see Murray play in the flesh. I think the only other realistic opportunity would be trying to get to Rome for a clay court tournament as Wimbledon is pot luck with regards to tickets.

Managed to get tickets a while back. It's probably the only chance I'll get to see Murray play in the flesh. I think the only other realistic opportunity would be trying to get to Rome for a clay court tournament as Wimbledon is pot luck with regards to tickets.

What about RG?

The French Open rarely looks like it is sold out and I think the atmosphere there would be fantastic if you got the right match. Plus it would give me an excuse to visit Paris again, I probably would have done this by now if I wasn't a slav....sorry, parent.

What about RG?

The French Open rarely looks like it is sold out and I think the atmosphere there would be fantastic if you got the right match. Plus it would give me an excuse to visit Paris again, I probably would have done this by now if I wasn't a slav....sorry, parent.

Could do! Would be great to see Murray in a slam. Always fancied the US Open. Can but dream!

What about RG?

I've been to Wimbledon, the US Open and the French Open and in my opinion Roland Garros is the best venue. Smaller and more intimate than the others, plus I like the unusual attitude of the French crowd. ;)

If Murray wins both is singles matches he will gain 55 (80 points plus the 65 already overtaking his lowest of 90) points enough to see him overtake Nishikori to 4th just before the Indian Wells draw.

Nishikori can't gain any points this week as he has 0 Davis Cup points and two wins will only give him 80 points, not enough to show on his ranking, as his current lowest is 90.