Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

He is currently 145 in the world and is in the Final of a Challenger event in New York state, which is a 2nd string event(the events you do before you are on the main tour). He should get into the top 100 this year.

Edited by Mr X

Guest WEE BOB
He is currently 145 in the world and is in the Final of a Challenger event in New York state, which is a 2nd string event(the events you do before you are on the main tour). He should get into the top 100 this year.

632832[/snapback]

Is he any good at football? :unsure:

The reason I ask is that he's bound to hit the net a few more times than we've been doing recently.

Edited by WEE BOB

Here was me thinking Bry was about to tell us he'd changed his name! ;)

He has a wildcard to the Cinncinati event next week and will obviously play at the US Open because he's junior champion.

632917[/snapback]

...and has drawn Taylor Dent in the first round at Cinncinati - the American won't be looking forward to that after their match at Queens :)

He's had the trainer on already.

I'm beginning to dislike Murray with his constant excuses and refusing to go through the pain barrier.

638260[/snapback]

to be fair he has had quite a few games in the last months it is wear and tear

Thought he was poor last night. Even the second set Safin self destructed.

Hopefully a warning to stop people getting carried away. Still a long way to go before he is the real deal.

Thought he was poor last night. Even the second set Safin self destructed.

Hopefully a warning to stop people getting carried away. Still a long way to go before he is the real deal.

638490[/snapback]

Safin is world number 4 the best player he has played, i think your being a bit harsh as in round 1 he beat the world number 22.

Safin is world number 4  the best player he has played,  i think your being a bit harsh as in round 1 he beat the world number 22.

638567[/snapback]

But it was a very rusty Safin, who looked short of confidence and was far below his World Number 4 form.

You have to be critical of bad performances if you are to praise highly good performances.

I didnt think he played well.

But it was a very rusty Safin, who looked short of confidence and was far below his World Number 4 form.

You have to be critical of bad performances if you are to praise highly good performances.

I didnt think he played well.

638573[/snapback]

He may not have played well, but in the general scheme of things he is on target for the top 100 by next year.

He may not have played well, but in the general scheme of things he is on target for the top 100 by next year.

638588[/snapback]

Yes, thats fine. He is doing very well.

The fact he has so much to work on in his game is a positive. It would be a worry if you couldn't see where he could improve.

Yes, thats fine. He is doing very well.

The fact he has so much to work on in his game is a positive. It would be a worry if you couldn't see where he could improve.

638598[/snapback]

very true, he needs work on a few things and his fitness. if he gets qualifies for the US Open and wins a challenger or two and wins a few rounds of events he is invited to he will reach his target.