Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

:huh:

It's undeniable. Playing 3 games in 3 days is absolutely brutal, and a far tougher than he's ever had before, regardless of the opponents.

Fair enough. The schedule is bad but the draw has been very good.

Good effort to make it through to the last 4 which didn't look too likely in the Haase match earlier in the tournament. Murray has made the semi finals of every Grand Slam this year, a fine achievement.

Indeed it is. The only British man to achieve this in the open era.

:huh:

It's undeniable. Playing 3 games in 3 days is absolutely brutal, and a far tougher than he's ever had before, regardless of the opponents.

Fair enough. The schedule is bad but the draw has been very good.

The schedule has been tough for the players but it's no tougher for Murray than for any opponent he's played to date. The whole bottom half of the draw is in the same position so there's no disadvantage at all at least until the final. You could argue the top half have had it easier but only marginally and both finalists will have the same rest period between their semi final win and the final.

I don't think it's as major an issue as it might have been.

Isner, ranked 22nd, is the highest ranked opponent Murray has faced. Every opponent so far has been a great matchup for Murray. The draw has been very good to him.

The schedule has been tough for the players but it's no tougher for Murray than for any opponent he's played to date. The whole bottom half of the draw is in the same position so there's no disadvantage at all at least until the final. You could argue the top half have had it easier but only marginally and both finalists will have the same rest period between their semi final win and the final.

Very true. Murray is going to have a few more hours rest ahead of the semi final than Nadal or Roddick. Djokovic or Federer will have an advantage certainly from having had Friday off, but it's not insurmountable for someone in the bottom half to win the final. Any more rain on Monday would be helpful for Murray/Nadal/Roddick, although the forecast seems to have improved a lot since a couple of days ago. It's a shame that the US Open split the draw like they do to even make the schedule and which half of the draw you're in such an issue.

Who is Murray set to face in the Semi's and when is it? Got a good feeling about him this year!

Based on what?

I've got a good feeling about murray as well, but it's a bit like the good feeling I had about scotland last weekend before kick off. Lets not be too harsh on him, good enough to get to slam finals, not yet shown he's good enough to raise his game to the required level in those finals. My own take on it is that his first serve % is too eratic to hold off the top 3 over best of 5 sets, his second serve is just asking to get skelped back at him.

I've got a good feeling about murray as well, but it's a bit like the good feeling I had about scotland last weekend before kick off. Lets not be too harsh on him, good enough to get to slam finals, not yet shown he's good enough to raise his game to the required level in those finals. My own take on it is that his first serve % is too eratic to hold off the top 3 over best of 5 sets, his second serve is just asking to get skelped back at him.

So Rafael Nadal is going to play a diving shot to deny Murray on match point?

How on earth does playing 3 games in 6 days, compared to 3 games in 3 days only give the top half a marginal advantage? You're saying that as long both finalists have same rest period between their semi-final and the final, then neither cam complain? Cool. Next year we'll have Nadal playing 67 days in a row prior to his semi-final, he can have the same two rest as Djokovic after the semi though. Should be a great match.