Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

My FB feed is awash with the usual oh Andy Murray is playing, I am now a tennis fan, so it's all FFS get a grip, better not blow it. The truth of the matter is, the other guy is playing the match of his life probably, taking on big shots, 90 mph+ forehands is huge and has been all over Murray.

However the guy wont be able to play this well for 5 sets, he will fall away at some point and Murray will take advantage, this second set Gimeno-Traver hasn't been past 15 on Murray's serve, whereas he has been to break points and dueces the other way round, so I am not at all worried, remember Federer last year 2 sets down and a break, he fought back and went through.

Some real armchair posters on this site, just like there is everywhere, now I'm not saying don't support him and watch it, but please don't make ill-informed comments and 'C'mon man, get a grip', tennis isn't like that and if more people played they would understand.

Sorry rant over.

Agreed.

This happens alot where a 'unknown' player goes a set or 2 up in a 5 set match. This will most definitely be the biggest stage Traver has played on so its akin to a small team getting to a cup final and playing well.

Another thing that would be interesting would be to see how many 5 set matches Traver has played. I would bet not many and after a while fitness plays a big part.

Good to see Murray getting on top now. He's not played bad today, just his opponent came out completely pumped by the occasion and no doubt played some of the best tennis of his career in that first set. The rails seem to be coming off now - foot-fault and then a missed 2nd serve.

2nd round here Murray comes!

Just had a look at Murray's 2nd round opponents. Both of them are lower than his opponent today in the world ranking and still have to finish their match from today. Tobias Kamke is 2 sets to 1 up but Blaz Kavcic is 5-1 up in the 3rd so it looks like 4 sets min. Signs are good for Scotland's Number 1!

Some real armchair posters on this site, just like there is everywhere, now I'm not saying don't support him and watch it, but please don't make ill-informed comments and 'C'mon man, get a grip', tennis isn't like that and if more people played they would understand.

I made that comment, and I watch tennis all year, regardless of whether it's an Andy Murray match or not. So kindly STFU. :)

Edited by Nightmare

I made that comment, and I watch tennis all year, regardless of whether it's an Andy Murray match or not. So kindly STFU. :)

Nadal was a break down in his first set today but I doubt anyone was telling him to get a grip. Things like that happen against top players all the time and tbh at no point in that match did I ever think Murray would lose.

Head-to-head records, the only people who have an advantage over him are Nadal and Djokovic. Murray leads the head-to-heads with Federer, Del Potro, Roddick, Soderling, and almost any other player that it's worth mentioning.

Of course, that's different to being able to beat certain people when it matters, but Murray generally has very good records against pretty much everyone.

Baghditis has a better head to head record against Murray, and Mardy Fish has won the last three encounters to nudge 3-2 ahead. Out of interest does anyone have a better head to head record Vs Nadal?