Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Completely forgot Murray was on TV earlier. Seems he sailed through without playing very well.

Yeah, I caught the 2nd set and I thought Seppi was going to cause an upset at one point but Murray just upped his game at the right times and saw it out.

He needs to sort his barnet out though. It's fucking horrendous.

Murray through to the quarters at Indian Wells after beating Nicolas Almagro 6-2 1-0 ret. Didn't see it as it was the evening match but the draw has opened up nicely for Andy what with Federer and Djokovic out.

Got to say though, Nadal is looking awesome.

Murray plays Robin Soderling tonight the Quarters if anyone cares.

Soderling is a class player and could give Murray a beasting tonight. He's been in good form since the turn of the year. I like Soderling, he looks like he could go utterly ballistic at any moment. :D

Soderling is a class player and could give Murray a beasting tonight. He's been in good form since the turn of the year. I like Soderling, he looks like he could go utterly ballistic at any moment. :D

Indeed.

Soderling to win 2-0.

Soderling has played well, but Murray has his, predictably nauseating, 'woe is me' face on again. He needs a mental coach, someone to instill a positive mental attitude on the guy.

Agreed.

Although he is getting better on that front, sometimes when things aren't going his way he puts on a bit of an attitude and rolls out the excuses post-match. Reminds me of Montgomerie in some ways.

Christ, it's that fucking Jamie Redknapp holiday advert.

They're awful, truly awful. Mrs Redknapp is a tool as well. Feel sorry for Tim Lovejoy having to deal with her noise on a Sunday morning.

Anyway, game over - 6-1 7-6. Domination from Soderling.

4-2 down in the second.

Soderling has played well, but Murray has his, predictably nauseating, 'woe is me' face on again. He needs a mental coach, someone to instill a positive mental attitude on the guy.

Nah. Soderling is in the form of his career right now and is brimming with confidence. Murray isn't. He got blown away in the first set but the second could have gone either way really.

Soderling looked pretty excellent last night. He is a contender now.

Murray's in the same half of the draw as Federer again for the Miami Masters.

He will be up against Soderling in the QF and Federer in the SF, providing they all make it of course.

Edited by garymcc1874

Murray's in the same half of the draw as Federer again for the Miami Masters.

He will be up against Soderling in the QF and Federer in the SF, providing they all make it of course.

He will be up against none of those, for he is out already!

4-6 4-6 by Mardy Fish

Time for some bad puns I think.