Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

To be honest if Murray doesn't win this then this could be the very definition of 'choking' - Nadal is very much there for the taking. To me it seems Murray is having to take a lot more risks than usual which he doesn't usually like to do but it's paying dividends in this match. If he could do that against all the big hitters he could ask them a lot more questions instead of the old pat a cake routine and wait for a mistake.

I agree about Nadal being there for the taking dubs, but he's proved on a few occasions in this match, he is an absolute beast of a player. I'd prefer to not think about Murray losing it from here!

He has an absolute stranglehold on this match now, and it's well deserved.

He must carry this approach into the Cilic match if he goes through. Start taking more risks like everyone has been telling him to for a couple of years now. It's why he lost to Verdasco, Roddick and of course Cilic in his last 3 slams.

I've got to say though I think the lack of hype surrounding him this winter has also helped matters.

He must carry this approach into the Cilic match if he goes through. Start taking more risks like everyone has been telling him to for a couple of years now. It's why he lost to Verdasco, Roddick and of course Cilic in his last 3 slams.

I've got to say though I think the lack of hype surrounding him this winter has also helped matters.

i would agree, the amount of pressure that has been put on him in recent tournaments as been at times over the top.

People are quick to forget though that apart from the us open last year, he has improved on his progress in every one of the grand slams from the year before. You might say the progress is slow for a player of his calibre, but he's getting there.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Struggling being the word - he doesn't look in pain as such, but he looks genuinely fucked off with it.

Aye, it looked and sounded like sheer frustration.

Murray has broken him again