Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

I fully expect Murray to bottle it again, thus cementing his place as the Colin Montgommerie of tennis. Would be delighted to be proved wrong though.

And I hope you are. smile.gif

Although bottle it is a bit strong I agree Murray needs to start delivering more in these games. I still feel his style needs to become more aggressive if he is to go on and win multiple slams and really do his talent justice.

Not by many tennis observers he isn't.

50/50 match I reckon - flip a coin.

I can see why they re saying this, based on form but too many of these observers over-hype murray, and have been quick to talk down nadal because of his form. Nadal still has better experience in these stages of grand slams, and that's why i think he should still be labelled the favourite for this one. Still hope to be proved wrong though.

I can see why they re saying this, based on form but too many of these observers over-hype murray, and have been quick to talk down nadal because of his form.

If you reach 4th or 5th in the world you lose the right to play the plucky underdog tag I'm afraid.

Much like Del Potro did at the US Open last season, Murray has to take advantage of being in good form at the right time.

If he loses to Nadal it won't be a disgrace, but it will be another disappointing loss.

I fully expect Murray to bottle it again, thus cementing his place as the Colin Montgommerie of tennis. Would be delighted to be proved wrong though.

22 and he'd "cement" his place as the Colin Montgomery of tennis?

Nadal isn't yet playing the tennis he was before his injury lay off and other troubles off the court. But Murray will still have to be playing his best tennis to beat him. It's still a bit of a toss up as to who will win. As HB said it will come down to whoever takes advantage on the day. Murray is certainly capable of winning this one but Nadal is not exactly a mug is he? Jeezo Nadal is one of the best players ever to wield a racquet and folk are getting ready to stick the boot in to Murray if he gets beaten?

If Del Potro could manage to win a major then no reason why Murray can't either. Del Potro took advantage of a bit of a misfiring Federer on the day and thats maybe what it will take for Murray to do it. He has so far not ha the luck of meetig a misfiring player in a major final ffs. He may never as well. Monty had severe bottle crash issues and its not clear yet whethere Murray is in a similar vein yet. Give him a chance ffs.:lol:

The bookies make Murray slight favourite. Allowing for the fact that they might have reduced Murray's odds in the face of expected money for him it suggests they consider it 50-50.

Seems fair to me. It's not a game I'd fancy a bet in - I think it's too close to call.

If pushed I would go for Nadal, maybe in 4 tight sets.

You really are a sanctimonious twat at times.:angry:

But thats what you do! Whenever Scotland, or something or someone Scottish is mentioned, I could practically write your posts for you. I'm not the only one thats mentioned it. Its like you're ashamed of your country, and want to get as far away as possible.

At worst it's 50-50 for Murray. If Nadal was back to his best then he'd be the favourite, but there's no indication that he's at that level yet. His record since returning from injury has been pretty poor - ten matches against top 10 opponents and he's lost nine of them.