Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

After cursing Zvonoreva for failing to win in two sets I settled down for what was a thoroughly entertaining and quite routine win.

Some of the service returns by Muray were breathtaking. 143mph serve? Watch it go back past you before you're five feet into the court. Ouch.

Cilic is a crafty player and should cause problems, but I hope the match isn't last again. I'm almost hallucinating today through lack of sleep. :lol:

After cursing Zvonoreva for failing to win in two sets I settled down for what was a thoroughly entertaining and quite routine win.

I had bet on Pennetta, so was delighted :D

On the time note though, there have been a number of people questioning why Federer was allowed to be first match on, whereas all the other mens matches, including Roddick and Murray have followed the womens match.

They had thought early on with the Federer decision that there had been a change, whereby the schedule would alternate night to night between woman first, man second and vice versa.

Now it is obvious why they don't do this (the women would be playing in front of a crowd of about 23 if they did), but why did they do it once for Federer?

Andy Murray faces the number sixteen seed from Croatia, Marin Cilic in the 4th Round tonight.

Three previous meetings, all won by Murray. Will be tough though, as Cilic is good on hard courts and is a battler.

Should be on court around 8-8.30 p.m. :D

Andy Murray faces the number sixteen seed from Croatia, Marin Cilic in the 4th Round tonight.

Three previous meetings, all won by Murray. Will be tough though, as Cilic is good on hard courts and is a battler.

Cilic is a big server so hopefully Andy returns as well as he did againt Dent and makes it difficult.

Is that GMT or US time? I'm going to try and find a stream but I'm knackered, if it's US time I'll go for a sleep.

Double break in the 2nd set :(

To be fair, Cilic is returning the ball better than I've ever seen him, but Murray's making way too many unforced errors for a player of his class.

Looks like he's gonnae have to come from 2 sets down if he's gonna make the quarters.

I'm not watching this any more. Murray almost never does well when I watch. Generally I only see about a set of each match I watch. So I'm hiding from the tv again. But I don't think the "passive" criticism applies here. Surely if he was not playing aggressively enough, we would see some of those loooong rallies. We're not seeing very many of them, I reckon Cilic is just dealing with him well.