Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

I think his overall game is better now though. His confidence is sky high too and he knows he can beat anyone on the day. He should be better on the clay because he does have a decent game for it. Part of his trouble was down to the fact that he didn't have the stamina to slug it out for twenty strokes a rally with these guys. But now he knows he can match any of them physically.

He's definitely a potential grand slam winner. It's not going to be on clay as long as Nadal stays healthy but he's not far away.

Maybe he will end up another Colin Montgomery though. He's unlucky he is around during the Nadal/Federer era. Those two are magnificent players.

there did seem to be some aggassi esque points. you know the ones, no necessarily winning them, but tipsarovic virtually needed oxygen after them. thing is that works for a while but v rafa andy will be the one needing oxygen unless he changes tactic for that one.

are tips sunglasses strictly legal? :huh: or is it only if they fall off mid point that its a problem.

This is open to SD's correction but I believe that there is a let the first time they fall off, next time you are docked a point and every subsequent time thereafter, but I'm far from 100% on that.

Nadal wins the tie break. But Soderling is putting up an almighty fight. Only Nadals second set lost in 3 years at roland Garos.

Good win for Murray however, could he get further Gonzalez is a good player.

I knew there was something about Soderling going around the back of my mind, I remember now him winding up Nadal about the amount of time he took between points.

ahhhhh. is he the guy who made fun of the picking shorts out bum thing? :huh:

oh dear he's in for it now then. :rolleyes::lol:

edit: and he's still hanging in there -just broke back to 2-1 back on serve in the 4th.

edit edit: 3-1 soderling! :o:D top half of the draw (the murray half) blown wide open!

Edited by theentomologist