Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Shane Warne? The guy was a fucking genius you total c**t.

I like the fact Murray gets up your nose. That means he is a good guy in my book. <_<

You were right about Will Carling though to be fair.

Beat me to it. Only one cock around here.

Well done Andy Boy

"to be fair" you are are a sad geek,andy murray is scottish and he is world class,carling and warne were part of average TEAMS, murray is an individual who will in the next couple of years join mcenroe,sampras and federer as one of greatest players ever to play tennis!! bet you wish you were half the "cock" he is :lol:

Warne is the best leg spin bowler the world has ever seen. It's doubtful that his achievements will ever be bettered. The guy was insanely brilliant. And he played for the best test team on the planet for most of his career and he was part of the reason they were the best team on the planet. Warne was an astonishing player.

Pansy made "ill judged" remarks though. :lol:

Warne is the best leg spin bowler the world has ever seen. It's doubtful that his achievements will ever be bettered. The guy was insanely brilliant. And he played for the best test team on the planet for most of his career and he was part of the reason they were the best team on the planet. Warne was an astonishing player.

Pansy made "ill judged" remarks though. :lol:

He was right about Will Carling though, he really was a cock.

Somebody during Wimbledon on here made the observation that Murray had not yet achieved as much as Henman. Well he has now and hes what only 21. Tremendous achievement. Re his personality, well if you had a lunatic running about your school shooting your pals, you might just grow up to be alittle less outgiong and charismatic than other people. His spikiness is what makes him a winner though there can be defence for his haircut

To be fair, if he weren't Scottish, Andy Murray would be up there with Will Carling and Shane Warne as one of the least likeable professional athletes. He's a complete cock, and I'm sure it won't just be in America where the locals back anyone who is playing him. The churlish press conferences do nothing to win support either.

Add my name to those who can't believe you're mentioning Shane Warne and Will Carling in the same sentence.

Anyway, well done Andy.

Somebody during Wimbledon on here made the observation that Murray had not yet achieved as much as Henman. Well he has now and hes what only 21. Tremendous achievement.

That would be me. And it was accurate at the time. Indeed it might be argued it's still accurate. Though that doesn't make me a Murray hater if that's where you're heading with this. I was merely defending Henman from the usual summary dismissal as a "loser" at the time.

Murray has now achieved something Henman never did, a Grand Slam Final. But Henman maintained a top four ranking for longer than Murray has yet and made half a dozen Grand Slam semi finals, something Murray is way short of.

If Murray should win it will be one of the greatest sporting achievements by a Briton in the last century. Go Murray! :D

Re his personality, well if you had a lunatic running about your school shooting your pals, you might just grow up to be alittle less outgiong and charismatic than other people.

I really doubt that has anything to do with his personality. That's just the way he is, in the same way Colin Montgomerie is just the way he is.

Terrific preformance over the weekend from Murray. Still hope Roger horses him though.

Add my name to those who can't believe you're mentioning Shane Warne and Will Carling in the same sentence.

And me... Shane Warne compared with Will Carling. :lol:

Although that's only the second most ridiculous thing said on this thread after dogma's,

Re his personality, well if you had a lunatic running about your school shooting your pals, you might just grow up to be alittle less outgiong and charismatic than other people.

Dear lord.

It was because of me Murray won :D

I had been watching the game last night and he lost the 3rd set when I watched the whole game. Everytime he had a break point and I watched he would lose. I would flick the channel then come back and it would be "Advantage Murray" again.

So when he went 3 - 1 down in the 4th set I turned off the TV and left it at that. I woke up to find out that he had won the game! Delighted I could have been of help to him B)

When he missed those eight break points in a game I just had to give up and put the TV off - it was just too much for me! I got up half an hour later to go and get a glass of water, to find my dad sitting with the TV on. Walked in just in time for Murray to be at match point. Amazing stuff.

I must have missed all those press conferences where Federer had the press men rolling about the isles or Nadal's dazzling wit(I saw a large part of his after match press conference and there was no sign of any praise for Murray). So he is a bit dour, so what. I've watched him show his true personality in interviews with Jonathan Ross and Sue Barker, he came across as a nice, mature young bloke. Are people expecting a Henri Laconte. What did he win? As for perceived arrogance, what about Federer's swagger or the bespoke jackets he wears before his first match at Wimbledon. Fair enough, he's earned a bit of conceit but can you imagine the outcry if Murray ever tried it?

Henman only reached the second round round of Wimbledon just a couple of months shy of his 21st birthday, Murray is way ahead of his schedule and has already done something that he never achieved. A few months ago I was worried that Djokovic, born in the same week, was soaring ahead of Murray and that this was really the time for Andy to make the big push. Well, it's certainly happened now. Federer started his run at around the same age, so win or lose tonight, I think he'll be in many more finals in the next few years.

That would be me. And it was accurate at the time. Indeed it might be argued it's still accurate. Though that doesn't make me a Murray hater if that's where you're heading with this. I was merely defending Henman from the usual summary dismissal as a "loser" at the time.

Murray has now achieved something Henman never did, a Grand Slam Final. But Henman maintained a top four ranking for longer than Murray has yet and made half a dozen Grand Slam semi finals, something Murray is way short of.

If Murray should win it will be one of the greatest sporting achievements by a Briton in the last century. Go Murray! :D

Not at all just celebrating the fact that Murray is fulfilling his potential, something one doesnt often get to say about our sportsmen n women. :D

Awesome. I was going nuts last night. Some of his shots were just perfect tennis. He is the fastest player on tour now with a better range of shots than Federer! If he can keep on serving like that as well- there is no way anyone can touch him He is different class.

P.S My record v Murray is P2- W1 L1. Judy gave him tactical help mid-match to beat me 2nd time so I don't think it counts. :D

It was because of me Murray won :D

I had been watching the game last night and he lost the 3rd set when I watched the whole game. Everytime he had a break point and I watched he would lose. I would flick the channel then come back and it would be "Advantage Murray" again.

So when he went 3 - 1 down in the 4th set I turned off the TV and left it at that. I woke up to find out that he had won the game! Delighted I could have been of help to him B)

No he won because I had £5 on Nadal.

I may put £5 on Federer

I must have missed all those press conferences where Federer had the press men rolling about the isles or Nadal's dazzling wit(I saw a large part of his after match press conference and there was no sign of any praise for Murray). So he is a bit dour, so what.

Nadal is reputedly the nicest guy on tour. No one has a bad word to say about him and there are many stories about how good a guy he is.

I have no idea if Murray is popular with the other players or not.

what about Federer's swagger or the bespoke jackets he wears before his first match at Wimbledon. Fair enough, he's earned a bit of conceit

What's conceited about Federer?

His jackets are just a nod to tradition. He is like Rafe from The Apprentice - just class.