Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Guest The Phoenix
He won the fucking game you plank. That's pretty much a GIRFUY to folk like that in itself I'd have thought.

I was asking the poster himself why he had to mention it. I'm sure most folk on here wanted Murray to win too?

15 - 0

Calm yourself FFS it is a joke. Some people are so bloody bad tempered, come back when you can take a wee bit of sarcasm please.

15 all

brilliant comeback the night! if that was henman 2 sets down, u might aswell just turn over n watch somethin else coz he aint got a hope in hell of comin back! deserves a lot of credit for the way he fought for the win!

brilliant comeback the night! if that was henman 2 sets down, u might aswell just turn over n watch somethin else coz he aint got a hope in hell of comin back! deserves a lot of credit for the way he fought for the win!

And Henman's relevant because...

It is a way for sad pathetic people to get 1 up on the Engerlish.

Or, a natural comparison given that Murray's taken over the British No. 1 spot from Henman and this is the first year Henman isn't playing?

I have to say, I thought at 2-0 he was done for, but what a comeback... :) Gasquet shat it big time, and he had the gall to complain about the partizan crowd, after what went on at the Paris Indoor Open when he met Andy in the final, he can go and get himself to f**k... :lol: I am extremely proud of Andy as I always believed he had the talent to improve...No doubt he faces a hell of a match against Nadal, but whatever happens, he has raised himself to a new level...Scotland is proud of you Andy B)

he's relevant because murray has taken over his mantle as britains number 1, and the player we look 2 to do well in the tourny! he's flyin the flag for britain, we'r so used to seein henman get in that position and choke, and its nice to finally see that we have some1 in murray who is willing to battle like fcuk! .....so a couldnt really give 2 fucks if u think hes relevant or not just MO :D

He was the former British number one. The undertone is that Murray is a better player. An undertone that I would wholeheartedly agree.

I also think as a personality he had come on leaps and bounds, rather than the surly and moody player he formerly was.

I tell you what though, sections of the Tartan Army get a hell of a hard time for the way they dress up but they've got nothing on some of the ridiculous getup you see at Wimbledon. In all the years I've been going to Hampden not once have I seen a man in a straw hat, pink polo top with the collars turned up and a jumper flung loosely over the shoulders watching the game with a pair of binoculars from 30 feet away.

He was the former British number one. The undertone is that Murray is a better player. An undertone that I would wholeheartedly agree.

According to some, Murray's been a better player since he came onto the scene. Suddenly, it's sort of official :D

I tell you what though, sections of the Tartan Army get a hell of a hard time for the way they dress up but they've got nothing on some of the ridiculous getup you see at Wimbledon. In all the years I've been going to Hampden not once have I seen a man in a straw hat, pink polo top with the collars turned up and a jumper flung loosely over the shoulders watching the game with a pair of binoculars from 30 feet away.

Or a woman in a union jack plastic bowler hat, union jack t-shirt and a wee union jack flag shouting "cumon aaaandy" (in your finest estury english accent

Edited by Enigma

This thread's really good cos it's run over a number of years- the same arguments come up every year like the Scottish/ British thing and Murray's relative merits against Henman.

Some of the predictions from a couple of years ago have turne out very well- others not so well.

on a similar note:

You cant compare clay and grass court tennis. Its like two different sports.

I'd pick Nadal to beat Federer every day of the week on a clay court, but Id give you 100/1 that he beats him at Wimbledon.

As that post doesn't say Wimbledon 2006, are you still offering those odds H_B?