Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

49 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Bautista Agut is the kind of player Murray made absolute mincemeat out of at the peak of his powers, he's only ever lost to him in his "second wind" - if his body can recover I think his game is in the right place to deal with him.

He’s very similar to Murray in the fact he will just give you another ball to play.   If Murray can serve as well as he has the past two matches, and still has enough in the tank to compete in the longer rallies, he’ll have a great chance.

Key is recovery from two killing 5-setters. Agut is Mr Stamina apart from anything else.

A lot of stuff about the match finishing at 4am and the inconvenience to spectators. Surely better than finishing at 1am - buses and trains will be running again in an hour or two...

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Really, I'd go out in the pish. This might explain my moderate career.

When I say moderate...

I think you've put your finger on the crucial difference between yer elite athlete and the Johnny Bloke that is the rest of us.

19 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

And In the end it’s a routine 3-2 win for the Greatest Scottish Sportsperson to Grace this planet 

Greatest British sportsman to grace this planet too, imo. The draw's really opened up for him now. Bautista-Augut is 34 and well past his best, he hasn't been beyond the third round at Australia since 2019. Very winnable and if he gets through there that it will be one of the unseeded Americans Paul or Brooksby in the last 16...

Edited by Lex

6 hours ago, Lex said:

Greatest British sportsman to grace this planet too, imo. The draw's really opened up for him now. Bautista-Augut is 34 and well past his best, he hasn't been beyond the third round at Australia since 2019. Very winnable and if he gets through there that it will be one of the unseeded Americans Paul or Brooksby in the last 16...

Quarter Final would be unseeded as well - this section of the draw has really opened up.

I know you should never but aye, he’s done for this Open.
Body is too broken to go back to back 5 setters as well as the ridiculous late night let alone going to need another 5 against a guy who he’s not taken a set off in recent times. 
I’d be taking the under on him winning over 6.5 games in the match as things stand. 

Still an absolute hero.