Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Can’t believe he did that after his round one match. I was flicking it on and off at work, turned off for good at break down in the third when I thought he was cooked, had lunch, did another few hours work, drove home and switched it on to see him serving at match point 40:15. Ridiculous. 

Quite pleased to get Discovery+ as a freebee from BT Sport after all.

Funny how it's only when he loses a close match that people say it's time to retire. They should at least be consistent.

Hopefully they've managed to sort something else to do tonight at such short notice as he going nowhere yet except to maybe have baby number 5 if Kim was in Australia.

Hope he can recover well for round three, as like Loki has said, the draw in his bracket up until the semi-finals has completely opened up. If he could have another deep run in a slam, who knows what it could lead to.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Throwing in cock jokes as well! What a boy 

1 hour ago, BillyAnchor said:

That comment in case you missed it

I jave a big heart, commentator says I think you have a big everything.

Andy says I dont think my wife would agree.

Effing legend

That commentator made a couple of 'genitalia innuendo' comments.....at one point during the match, Kokkinakis was given a ball by the ballkid but knocked it back to him, saying it had 'gone soft'.......commentator immediately says 'well, at this point in the match the last thing you need is soft balls'...........😮

Chokeinakis will be having PTSD for the rest of his days over this one.

Also, are there worse people anywhere on the planet than loudmouth Aussies? NITPMHO (not in this poster's most humble opinion), tbqh (to be quite honest).

31 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

There's somewhat of a fairytale that his next match is against the man who thought he had been the final player to beat Andy at the Australian Open ever. 

Unfortunately, big Bautista has won his last three against Murray - two matches last year pretty comfortably. He also leads him 3-1 on hard courts (tied 3-3 overall).

Hopefully Andy is absolutely buzzing to be competing like this again, though, and sees this as a massive opportunity.

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Unfortunately, big Bautista has won his last three against Murray - two matches last year pretty comfortably. He also leads him 3-1 on hard courts (tied 3-3 overall).

Hopefully Andy is absolutely buzzing to be competing like this again, though, and sees this as a massive opportunity.

Of course he will , but that big B  !

He has got the fearsome serve ,  hasn"t he ?

16 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Chokeinakis will be having PTSD for the rest of his days over this one.

Also, are there worse people anywhere on the planet than loudmouth Aussies? NITPMHO (not in this poster's most humble opinion), tbqh (to be quite honest).

Looks very much like "I can't fucking hear you" to me. 

Get intae thum Andy

2 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Of course he will , but that big B  !

He has got the fearsome serve ,  hasn"t he ?

He's two inches shorter than Murray, tbf, and not as #hench either.

27 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Difference this time is that Andy looks to be far fitter than he has for quite a while. Can only hope that 2 monster 5 setters haven't done him in.