Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Yeah good tournament by Norrie, he had no realistic chance of winning today but he did fine and gave a good account of himself. He had never got past the third round of a slam before, so to get to a semi and to lose to Djokovic is a stellar showing and he would certainly have taken that two weeks ago.  Not sure he has the game to become a regular at this stage of the big tournaments, the serve just isn't good enough. He's more of a last 16 level player i think, but with another kind draw and a bit of form, you never know. 

It's not been vintage Djokovic all tournament, he's certainly not as good as he used to be. That's him dropped five sets already, one each to Kwon, Van Rijthoven and Norrie and two to Sinner. When he won it last year he only dropped two sets in the full seven matches. I still expect him to lift the trophy, he's good enough to win Wimbledon when he's not playing well. But if Kyrgios can keep the head he is more than capable of causing an upset.

I think that got away from Norrie, Novak went into non error mode and just waited for the errors.  Couldn’t keep his level up and some of the breaks he gave Novak were gifts.

A tremendous run to the semis for Norrie, and just a shame there’s no ranking points to show for it.  He’ll be looking forward to the US Open.

On that showing from Novak, Kyrgios will have a chance for sure.  Should be an interesting final.

2 hours ago, Lurkst said:

So Djokovic has now reached more slam finals than anyone else?

On the mens side.  Although the likes of Laver might have more finals if the Professional Slams he played in the 60s whilst banned would officially count.

Think the official record is Evert with 34.

I actually want them both to win, for different reasons... But I know I can't always get what I want.

I wonder who The Boy Who Cried Wolf will be supporting back in Mallorca?  🙃  He would probably have a similar outlook to DeeTillEhDeh above.

56 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Albeit she’s represented Kazakhstan since 2018. 

A flag of convenience. She was born in Moscow and still primarily lives in Moscow, holds a Russian passport and pays taxes in Russia.

SW19 sending Putin a percentage of the winners cheque which was the situation they wanted to avoid when they banned the other Russian players.

8 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

A flag of convenience. She was born in Moscow and still primarily lives in Moscow, holds a Russian passport and pays taxes in Russia.

SW19 sending Putin a percentage of the winners cheque which was the situation they wanted to avoid when they banned the other Russian players.

Aye very fair points.