Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Nadal called a press conference at 7:20pm, sounds like he’s going to withdraw with an abdominal tear. How he won that five setter yesterday I am still not sure.
Kyrgios getting a by to the final?

Nadal called a press conference at 7:20pm, sounds like he’s going to withdraw with an abdominal tear. How he won that five setter yesterday I am still not sure.
Kyrgios getting a by to the final?
Yep, free pass and some extra rest for Kyrgios looks on the cards, can't see Nadal holding a press conference for any other reason.

3 minutes ago, Binos said:

Depends what happens in the semi

When Murray won 2013 djokivic was spent after 5 set epic semi

Honestly I hope I'm wrong but my instinct is that Norrie will win < 10 games in the semi final. 6-3 6-2 6-4 or something along those lines.

Granted they've only played twice, but Djokovic has never taken a set off Kyrgios. Kyrgios lives for these matchups and they go some way to replacing the motivation he otherwise lacks. Will be enjoyable seeing the crowd go into meltdown as they struggle to work out who they dislike more. 

Granted they've only played twice, but Djokovic has never taken a set off Kyrgios. Kyrgios lives for these matchups and they go some way to replacing the motivation he otherwise lacks. Will be enjoyable seeing the crowd go into meltdown as they struggle to work out who they dislike more. 
Tbh, think the crowd quite like Kyrgios. Djokovic tries too hard.

15 minutes ago, Binos said:

Depends what happens in the semi

When Murray won 2013 djokivic was spent after 5 set epic semi

No he wasn't.  This guy beat Murray in five hours in Australia and then went six hours against Nadal.  You think the fittest athlete on the planet is spent after 4.5 hours on the court?  It is just an excuse used to try and explain Murray's better overall play on the day.

Kyrgios beat Djokovic twice in the year he got beat by Istomin, Cechinato and  Berdych in the slams.  The year with the elbow issues before finally opting for the surgery.  Kyrgios will get chopped up similarly to the way Murray dismantled him in 2016.  Kyrgios' only chance is if Norrie beats Novak tomorrow.  Murray would beat Kyrgios on Sunday never mind Novak.

It's just a shame Nadal picked up that injury as he would have had a great chance against Novak.

51 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Honestly I hope I'm wrong but my instinct is that Norrie will win < 10 games in the semi final. 6-3 6-2 6-4 or something along those lines.

Get money on that 

25 minutes ago, Loki said:

No he wasn't.  This guy beat Murray in five hours in Australia and then went six hours against Nadal.  You think the fittest athlete on the planet is spent after 4.5 hours on the court?  It is just an excuse used to try and explain Murray's better overall play on the day.

Kyrgios beat Djokovic twice in the year he got beat by Istomin, Cechinato and  Berdych in the slams.  The year with the elbow issues before finally opting for the surgery.  Kyrgios will get chopped up similarly to the way Murray dismantled him in 2016.  Kyrgios' only chance is if Norrie beats Novak tomorrow.  Murray would beat Kyrgios on Sunday never mind Novak.

It's just a shame Nadal picked up that injury as he would have had a great chance against Novak.

You honestly think it has no effect 

At the time it was the longest semi final in Wimbledon history 

Edited by Binos

1 minute ago, Binos said:

You honestly think it has no effect 

100% it had no effect.  He was on court for an extra hour and a half in the semi final.  Murray's match didn't finish until near 10pm.  He had an extra five hours to prepare, and Murray wasn't likely in bed until way after midnight.  Plus it is grass court tennis, far more forgiving on the body than hard or clay.

He has recovered from two sets down in the semi vs Federer to win 2011 US Open against Nadal.  Went the five hours and six hours to win the 2012 Aus Open.  Went five sets with Stan in the semi before winning against Murray in Aus 2015.  Went an absolute four+ hour epic with Nadal before recovering from two sets down to beat Tsitsipas in the French Open final in 2021.  He is never spent for playing 4.5 hours the match before.

1 minute ago, Loki said:

100% it had no effect.  He was on court for an extra hour and a half in the semi final.  Murray's match didn't finish until near 10pm.  He had an extra five hours to prepare, and Murray wasn't likely in bed until way after midnight.  Plus it is grass court tennis, far more forgiving on the body than hard or clay.

He has recovered from two sets down in the semi vs Federer to win 2011 US Open against Nadal.  Went the five hours and six hours to win the 2012 Aus Open.  Went five sets with Stan in the semi before winning against Murray in Aus 2015.  Went an absolute four+ hour epic with Nadal before recovering from two sets down to beat Tsitsipas in the French Open final in 2021.  He is never spent for playing 4.5 hours the match before.

OK, so when a players going through in straight sets victories

And the commentators former players etc are saying,  this is good as will be helping with fitness for the tournament 

They're wrong as it has no effect