Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Didn't realise the Halle event was his first ever ATP tour event and he won it and earned a wildcard to wimbledon, so he's got a 100% win rate on the tour
He's struggling now, but played some great stuff in the first two sets. You wonder what hecan do if he can stay fit, he's had 3 years of almost constant injuries.

10 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
44 minutes ago, Donathan said:
Didn't realise the Halle event was his first ever ATP tour event and he won it and earned a wildcard to wimbledon, so he's got a 100% win rate on the tour

I thought Hurkacz won that?

I mean Hertogenbosch, my bad 

Van Rijtoven played well, but there was never any real danger that Djokovic wasn’t winning that. He looks in ominously good shape and I’d be fairly surprised if he doesn’t win it, again. Half the quarter final places are taken:
Novak v Sinner
Norrie v Goffin

13 minutes ago, Lex said:

Van Rijtoven played well, but there was never any real danger that Djokovic wasn’t winning that. He looks in ominously good shape and I’d be fairly surprised if he doesn’t win it, again. Half the quarter final places are taken:
Novak v Sinner
Norrie v Goffin

If Djokovic wins Wimbledon again this year he will only be one behind Federer’s 8, which is pretty mental because grass has never been his best surface. He’s benefitted massively from Andy Murray’s health issues (I honestly believe Murray would have had 4-5 wimbledons by now if not for the hip problems) 

Kyrgios loses a pretty tame first set. Nakashima hasn't done anything spectacular.

It's almost as if Kyrgios needs to lose the plot over something to get his best of him.

Bit of an upset on court two there. 19th seed Alex De Minaur two sets up, cruising and has two match points in the third set. Loses them both, and Chilean Cristian Garin goes on to win it in five to reach his first ever grand slam quarter final. He will play the winner of Kyrgios and Nakashima, the Aussie currently 2-1 up.

Bit of an upset on court two there. 19th seed Alex De Minaur two sets up, cruising and has two match points in the third set. Loses them both, and Chilean Cristian Garin goes on to win it in five to reach his first ever grand slam quarter final. He will play the winner of Kyrgios and Nakashima, the Aussie currently 2-1 up.
2 sets all now, with Kyrgios tanking the last game of the 4th set, serving at 3-5 down. Cracking tennis player, without a fully functioning brain.

When did Nadal suddenly become good on grass again? He’s gone from being a world beater 2007-2010, to failing to get past the fourth round 2012-2017 and routinely getting papped out by jobbers (lost to Lukas Rosol, lost to Steve Darcis, lost to Nick Kyrgios, lost to Dustin Brown, DNP, lost to Giles Muller) but he did make the SF on his last two appearances and doing well again this year 

Similar to Djokovic last night, there was no danger of Nadal not winning that one. Both the goats in the quarters without getting out of third gear:
Djokovic v Sinner
Norrie v Goffin
Kyrgios v Garin
Nadal v Fritz
I think the only players that can stop the Rafa/Novak final are Sinner and Kyrgios. Probably a year or two early for Jannik, but he’s definitely got the game and the serve to cause Djokovic problems and would say there’s a chance of an upset there.
A Nadal v Kyrgios semi is what everyone wants, guaranteed drama and tantrums that could go either way.

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Similar to Djokovic last night, there was no danger of Nadal not winning that one. Both the goats in the quarters without getting out of third gear:
Djokovic v Sinner
Norrie v Goffin
Kyrgios v Garin
Nadal v Fritz
I think the only players that can stop the Rafa/Novak final are Sinner and Kyrgios. Probably a year or two early for Jannik, but he’s definitely got the game and the serve to cause Djokovic problems and would say there’s a chance of an upset there.
A Nadal v Kyrgios semi is what everyone wants, guaranteed drama and tantrums that could go either way.

Fritz upsetting Nadal wouldn’t shock me one bit. As a minimum I think it goes the distance.