Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

3 minutes ago, jimmywood74 said:

Please share with me some information about Canada visa processing time Pakistan. I want to go there on education based. This is very important information for me.

Here's a question we weren't expecting on the Pie and Bovril tennis thread. Think you're in the wrong place jimmy. 

Not sure if it's confirmed who is with him for Indian Wells, Dani Vallverdu, Colin Fleming or someone else but Murray is still looking for an assistant coach both of them have other commitments but wouldn't be surprised if it was Fleming. 

Wimbledon may be his best chance of making the 2nd week of a major again. Was looking yesterday at the best results for the current top 20 at Wimbledon and, with 2020 not held, quite a few either haven't much experience on the grass or never performed well on it so plenty seeds he would fancy himself against. Ideal draw would be someone like Carreno Busta who is 0-6.

Hopefully he can get to June injury free and with some success in the challengers if he decides to play the two hard court tournaments in April.

5 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
5 hours ago, betting competition said:

Lovely gesture but not sure his 'winnings' will amount to much

258k already this year.

Murray drawn in Novak Djokovic 16th.  Will play a qualifier, then Bublik and then scheduled to face Novak. 

Novak hasn’t withdrawn from the competition so he won’t get a 0 in his ranking until the competition is finished, which means he’ll return to number one on Monday.  A lucky loser will replace him, if he withdraws before the first schedule is named.  If not the seeds are rejigged.

11 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Osaka crying because someone in the crowd shouted "you suck".

She equated it to memories of what happened to the Williams family at Indian Wells back in their early career.  A large part of that crowd was racially abusing them and Osaka got a bit of heckling.

Obviously having a very tough time of it mentally, but it’s a bit of a stretch to equate both incidents.  I always thought she’d get a bit more heckling considering she stopped representing the US.

It will be interesting in April to see if she will get asked the same questions as last year in regards to her performance on clay and grass.

A very disappointing loss for Murray.  He had umpteen chances in that first set, and Bublik did play well in the second, but that’s one that slipped away from him.

Considering the how the draw is looking, he might not get a better chance to go deep in a Masters again.

Lendl has a lot of work to do with him.  Obviously under Lendl before it was about building strength and stamina to outlast his opponent.  He just can’t play that way anymore he’s 35.  

Today he did win more points over 9 shots than his opponent but it’s the shorter points he can’t dominate in.  He needs to change that if he can.  Lendl will be with him in Miami, so hope he gets a nice draw.

Medvedev loses to Monfils and now will officially lose the World Number One status.  His reign lasted three weeks taking him past the totals of Rafter and Rios, who had two weeks and one week respectively.

Novak returns to number one from Monday.

Miami draw is out.  Murray to face Delbonis in the first round.  A good winnable match.  Then will play Medvedev #1 seed.

Taking on and beating a top seed in the first couple of rounds is the only way he will go on a deep run in any large tournament without a shed load of luck.

I hope he learned from the Bautista-Agut match as Medvedev is fitter and stronger, and Andy will not win trying to out grind him.  A very early look at any potential Lendl influence.

I am sure Djokovic will be looking on as a win for Andy would keep Novak number one.