Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

2 hours ago, Loki said:

Stuff like this actually makes me even more annoyed when I hear shite like "Oh, Murray is so boring, he has no personality".

Apart from the fact the statement is wrong in the first place, he's one of the best ever to play the game, and is one of the nicest guys around, respected by his peers on and off the court. He is an absolute fucking legend.

Some lad is Rafa. The way he’s playing got to make him favourite for the final and of course he will be favourite for the French too.
Perhaps it will be him that ends up top of the major tree. What a legend.
Berrettini is becoming a bit of a nearly man. Regularly in the business end of slams, but never really looks like he’s going to win one.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

On a similar note to the above couple of posts, I've lost my tenner bet on Berrettini lifting the trophy on Sunday as Nadal beats him 3-1.

On 26/01/2022 at 15:59, welshbairn said:

Gone for Berrettini and Tsitsipas to win their semis with Nadal and Medvedev winning at least one set each at 13.4/1.

:(:bag

On 26/01/2022 at 18:12, Loki said:

I’m not even going to bother watching the Tsitsipas Medvedev semi.  Both players 10 feet behind the baseline playing pong until someone makes an error.

Hope Nadal throws Medvedev a few underarm serves to f**k him up.

51 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Eednud said:
First Australian in the Women’s Final since Wendy Turnbull in 1980 and the first to win it since Chris O’Neil in 1978. Well done Ash emoji1037.pngemoji481.png

First aboriginal too

Evonne Goolagong won it 4 times.

Edited by welshbairn

Kokkinakis & Kyrgios take it for a 1st grand slam title each.

Kyrgios if he had screwed the nut a few years ago would probably have won a singles slam title by now.
Might be one of those guys who's good enough to win one but doesn't due to his attitude to committing fully to tennis.