Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

8 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
11 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:
I still haven't seen him play!  I'll make a point of trying to watch him, when the AO gets on terrestial telly.
I don't know if it's the technology, but some of the players coming through just seem so powerful.  The likes of Thiem have big wind-ups to deliver the power (but boy is it power), but the likes of Berretini, just seem to flick the power!  When I watched the 'late bloomer' Karatsev v Murray, I couldn't believe the power he was generating off a short backhand swing.
That said, it's pushed my appreciation of Daniil up, he seems to be able to harness his opponents power and bamboozle them with his utterly ridiculous technique (I don't know how he gets away with it) emoji2956.png
Personally, I'd like to see Rublev win, but I doubt it.  Failing that Felix AA.  Truth be told I'd like almost anyone other than Nadal.
Yours
aDONis
P.S. It's not that I don't like Nadal, it's just that I might have to admit that he's better than Federer (or even Pistol Pete)! emoji38.png

Hes certainly better than Pistol Pete

You, wash your  mouth out!

9 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Zverev hounded 3 zip by Shapovalov, my word.

It’s a surprise in terms of ranking, but not a surprise in terms of his performance at slams.   The moment he gets in a bit of trouble in a longer match, he just doesn’t have the tactical nous or fight to get through it unless he starts swinging and red lining.

He’s never beaten a top 10 player in a slam (0-11),  and if we go to top 20 players he’s 4-15.  Just hasn’t been able to transition his best of three form into slams.

Medvedev saves a match point and goes on to win in five. Auger-Aliassame is a top player and I can see him winning a major soon.
Semi line up:
Medvedev v Tsitsipas
Nadal v Berrettini
Smart money is on a Medvedev v Nadal final.

After Djokovic got deported, that's the 4 I'd have had in the semi final.  Folk mention Zverev but he's a bottle merchant.

I've got a tenner on Berrettini to win the tournament.

As well as Felix played, he bottles every big match he’s ever played.  There will be plenty of opportunities for him though, to get over that hurdle.  

I’m not even going to bother watching the Tsitsipas Medvedev semi.  Both players 10 feet behind the baseline playing pong until someone makes an error. Tsitsipas will have to play exceptionally well to win.  Can see it going exactly the same way as last years semi.  But if he moves forward a bit more he’ll be able to cut Medvedev out with the angles from his backhand

Berretini has the best chance of an upset, just plays solidly throughout.  Over the last couple of years just beats everyone ranked below him at the Slams.  Just feel Nadal will just bring it and go through.

In the womens side Barty is just playing so solidly, that even a rejuvenated Madison Keys probably doesn’t have a chance.

Swiatek against Collins a bit more even, Swiatek can generate easier power, so you’d expect her to win.  Collins can get the ball back in court long enough to extract errors, so should be interesting semi.

Barty will be the first Australian champion since Chris O’Neil in 1978.  Up until that point only 10 non Australians had won it on the womens side.

Danielle Collins has just been brilliant so far, destroying Swiatek’s second serve and hitting even bigger than her.

Absolutely under rated her power of both wings, but certainly keeping the ball in play longer and extracting the errors.  A set and a double break up, just brilliant tennis.  On this form she’ll upset Barty.