Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

54 minutes ago, Bob in Denny said:

Tennis Australia need to have a good look at themselves..

shouting and bawling after the initial detention that this will let Tennis's governing body take the Open grand slam status away from Australia,

a shower of ineptitudes worried about losing their no doubt, high salaries.

I assume the 3 year ban on returning goes with the deportation....

All of this will blow over, the AO will be brilliant (as always) and what government doesn't get ridiculed every day for something or other.

Unfortunately for Djokovic, the stench left on him, will last a little longer (but it will fade).

Everything about his story reeks of dishonesty!

In my mind;

He 'conveniently' tests positive (but no social media announcement).

I don't know about you, but generally I take a lateral flow test for a reason (usually because I'm going to be mixing with other people).  So...  I take the test, look at the result and go out to the event, pub etc (assuming test is negative).

That's not what Nole does, he takes a test for no apparent reason, doesn't bother about finding out the result, and goes out to a social event.  He then  finds out that he's in fact positive, and does another social event because, you know... some of the time he'll be wearing a mask!

He also jets about to foreign countries whilst possibly still infectious (and it would appear in breach of those nations covid requirements)!

Of course this combination of testing positive and travelling to other countries may have alerted Aussie authorities to an issue with the authenticity of the Covid test, but... because his agent accidentally didn't declare any such travel, those pesky questions could be avoided.

This is coming from me!  I'm a Djokovic fan, but even I think this is a self-inflicted clvsterfvk.

Yours, anyone but Nadal (who by all accounts is a lovely individual) 

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

Tennis Australia need to have a good look at themselves..
shouting and bawling after the initial detention that this will let Tennis's governing body take the Open grand slam status away from Australia,
a shower of ineptitudes worried about losing their no doubt, high salaries.
I assume the 3 year ban on returning goes with the deportation....

It was clear from the info available online (and posted on this thread) that Tennis Australia were told way back in November that a prior Covid positive test result would not exempt unvaccinated players from doing the 14 day mandatory quarantine, yet somehow they managed to balls up passing that message clearly on to the players. Somebody there should either be resigning or be handed their jotters.

3 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

In my mind;

I don't know about you, but generally I take a lateral flow test for a reason (usually because I'm going to be mixing with other people).  So...  I take the test, look at the result and go out to the event, pub etc (assuming test is negative).

That's not what Nole does, he takes a test for no apparent reason, doesn't bother about finding out the result, and goes out to a social event.  He then  finds out that he's in fact positive, and does another social event because, you know... some of the time he'll be wearing a mask!

He also jets about to foreign countries whilst possibly still infectious (and it would appear in breach of those nations covid requirements)!

Of course this combination of testing positive and travelling to other countries may have alerted Aussie authorities to an issue with the authenticity of the Covid test, but... because his agent accidentally didn't declare any such travel, those pesky questions could be avoided.

Not quite, on the 16th he says he took an LFT (negative) and then a PCR, the result of which came back at 8pm according to the documents - though we don't actually know for sure when Novak received the result. On the 17th he did another LFT (negative) before visiting the kids. But he was at a basketball game on the 14th with some people who tested positive, so with that in mind he should've cancelled everything whilst awaiting his PCR result.

He got himself in a right pickle though with the interview on the 18th, where there were no questions allowed about AO or vaccination etc. - he couldn't say he was medically exempt from having Covid because the next question would be when did you get it!

Edited by Ginaro

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

He's got an automatic 3 year ban that goes along with having his visa cancelled. He can appeal it on compassionate grounds or special circumstances.

One of the special circumstances is that allowing him in would be in Australia's interests, so assuming he either gets vaccinated or it's no longer a requirement, I doubt it will be an issue next year.

2 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

All of this will blow over, the AO will be brilliant (as always) and what government doesn't get ridiculed every day for something or other.

Unfortunately for Djokovic, the stench left on him, will last a little longer (but it will fade).

Everything about his story reeks of dishonesty!

In my mind;

This is coming from me!  I'm a Djokovic fan, but even I think this is a self-inflicted clvsterfvk.

Yours, anyone but Nadal (who by all accounts is a lovely individual) 

aDONis

Mrs BID is the tennis nut in this house...

I've always tried to think the better of him in the past but after this, nah.

The agent allegedly made the errors,  I'm sure if it was me, he'd be punted.. (IF....)

The thing that amazes me is the fact if you previously had covid, you then could get an exemption?

Cue the pasting table coming out for the family press conferences,

reminds me of good old Baghdad Bob..

as for your other mention, 

I have my own thoughts on Rafa....

33 minutes ago, Bob in Denny said:

The thing that amazes me is the fact if you previously had covid, you then could get an exemption?

The documentation from ATAGI was that an exemption from vaccination would be available if a COVID infection prevented you from getting vaccinated.

Tennis Australia absolutely fucked that up.

Just a shame Andy wasn’t in that quarter, it’s wide open now.  Andy will be playing on Tuesday. Possible Kyrgios Medvedev in Round 2 but I fancy Liam Broady to push him and possibly beat Kyrgios.  Raducanu got a stinking draw against Sloane Stephens.  Sloane is winning that.

14 minutes ago, Loki said:

The documentation from ATAGI was that an exemption from vaccination would be available if a COVID infection prevented you from getting vaccinated.

Tennis Australia absolutely fucked that up.

Just a shame Andy wasn’t in that quarter, it’s wide open now.  Andy will be playing on Tuesday. Possible Kyrgios Medvedev in Round 2 but I fancy Liam Broady to push him and possibly beat Kyrgios.  Raducanu got a stinking draw against Sloane Stephens.  Sloane is winning that.

Thanks for that info..

I'm about to be a tennis widower

and hell mend anyone who dares to beat her Andy..😀

Where's my earplugs?

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Not quite, on the 16th he says he took an LFT (negative) and then a PCR, the result of which came back at 8pm according to the documents - though we don't actually know for sure when Novak received the result. On the 17th he did another LFT (negative) before visiting the kids. But he was at a basketball game on the 14th with some people who tested positive, so with that in mind he should've cancelled everything whilst awaiting his PCR result.

He got himself in a right pickle though with the interview on the 18th, where there were no questions allowed about AO or vaccination etc. - he couldn't say he was medically exempt from having Covid because the next question would be when did you get it!

But that doesn't stack up to me either.  Why is he doing a PCR on the same day as a negative LF.  Then once he's done that, why isn't he checking the PCR, before he does another LF the next day.  It just reeks of odd ad-hoc behaviour?

Then once he's got a positive PCR why isn't he isolating and why is he visiting other countries?

I'd love to have seen him play, he's a tennis machine!  🎾 

But his sequence of events and behaviour just don't sit right with me.

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

1 hour ago, aDONisSheep said:

But that doesn't stack up to me either.  Why is he doing a PCR on the same day as a negative LF.  Then once he's done that, why isn't he checking the PCR, before he does another LF the next day.  It just reeks of odd ad-hoc behaviour?

Then once he's got a positive PCR why isn't he isolating and why is he visiting other countries?

He said he did the PCR test "out of an abundance of caution", who knows if that's BS.

He wasn't isolating on the 18th because he's a stupid c**t, but he was allowed out of Serbia's 14 day isolation on the 22nd because of a negative PCR test.

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

He said he did the PCR test "out of an abundance of caution", who knows if that's BS.

He wasn't isolating on the 18th because he's a stupid c**t, but he was allowed out of Serbia's 14 day isolation on the 22nd because of a negative PCR test.

But that again doesn't pass the sniff test.  How can you claim to be so 'abundantly cautious' that you take an additional, but by all intents, unnecessary test, only to erm.. not bother to check the result? 

It absolutely reeks of trying to retro-fit a story to try and excuse a set of known  circumstances and events.

Don't get me wrong, Djokovic's tale of improbable actions may be true.  But I'm more inclined to believe that the bloke with the old German ordinance stuck up his arse, simply fell on it, than the contrived nonsense that team Djokovic have come up with.

Yours, the money was just resting in my account

aDONis

P.S. I do know, that you're not part of team Djokovic, so I'm not trying to shoot the messanger

Cam Norrie walloped out on his arse in straight sets, 3-6, 0-6, 4-6 against Sebastian Korda.

Andy Murray is scheduled to be the third match on John Cain Arena, after two women's singles ties and not before 4am. Broady vs Kyrgios is up after that.1d5873469158b9f49d4f00d35a26de0e.jpg

Terrible result from Cam Norrie that, he was the 12th seed and has been humped out at the earliest door.
He’s has a lot of good results on the tour, but is yet to break through at a major, he’s never even been past the third round in one of the big ones.
He’s turning 27 this year as well, this should be his peak years.